Beginners - October 2016 (Page 49)

Need help with output (cout)

I have a program that has to calculate the area of a rectangle or a circle. It works well but it does not print me the output as I want it. If I input this f...
[2 replies] Last: line 18 (by SamuelAdams)
by HMHO
Assignment Help

Part 1: Write a program that uses a while loop to read in test scores until the user enters a negative number. Print the average score after dropping the hi...
[1 reply] : Dupe Post http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/198910/ (by SamuelAdams)
Homework help

Remind yourself of how to write the most basic repetitive function of all, one that takes two parameters, A and B, and just prints all the numbers from A to B i...
[2 replies] Last: Hello jumpingzeus, It could be as simple as a for loop. It would depe... (by Handy Andy)
Switch statement problem

On line 34 I am getting the error "switch quantity is not an integer. Could someone explain why? #include <iostream> #include <ctime> #include <cstdlib>...
[3 replies] Last: You don't necessarily need to store it; a function will return an inte... (by closed account 49iURXSz)
Assigement issues.

Write your question here. This is my first major assigment in OOP in c++. for my header i have been given the following class definition using namespace std;...
[2 replies] Last: thx il check it out :) (by Valando)
Is there any way to implement brace-enclosed initialization list?

main.cpp #include <iostream> #include <stdexcept> #include "Matrix.h" // Test Driver int main() { Matrix<int> matrix1( 3 , 1 ); matrix1 = -4; m...
[2 replies] Last: @JLBorges Beautiful :) it works. Thank you so much. I've never encoun... (by mpark4656)
High Low Program

I have been having a huge issue with my compiler. so please bear with me. The code that I am to write is that of a high low game. General Specification: Th...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> #include <ctime> using namespa... (by Noonies)
No Compile Option - Microsoft Visual Studio 2013

Hey everybody! I'm new to the forum so I apologize if this isn't how you formally post a question.. but I can't figure out how to get this right. There isn't an...
[2 replies] Last: It did help! Thank you so much! You just saved me! (by MisterBren)
Output repeats itself after user input?

Difficult to describe this question as i'm fairly new to c++, but every time I enter a number after the main function registers the cin input and passes it to t...
[1 reply] : Also, if I enter all positive numbers the issue doesn't occur. It's on... (by Nelson108)
issue with arguments passing (error C2660)

Anyone see why i am not passing 3 arguments //header file //header file #pragma once #include "stdafx.h" #include <iomanip> template <typenam...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks i see my error, i always seem to be stumped by the smaller erro... (by BegginerofCode)
Functions

I am a bit confused in functions maybe because I am teaching myself but can any one tell me how to write a code in which you have to input a number until the d...
[6 replies] Last: I have the same problem but no one here is telling me what to do.. :( (by Abhijeet010)
by w0rd
Dump truck/tire pressure

I am having trouble with the error part of my program. You will be developing C++ program to report the Truck Tire readings which was collected manually.The ...
[5 replies] Last: Andy, Thank you for explaining that to me. Makes sense now. Thank yo... (by w0rd)
<stack> template class no assignment for parameters?

I am using the stack pop and push in a piece of code. One of the parameters is a char*, the other is a vector<string>*. Is it not possible to use the default te...
[1 reply] : Provide a code sample that reproduces the problem you are experiencing... (by cire)
Parameterized Constructors

Hi, Since I'm a beginner I've 2 doubts about 'Parameterized Constructors'. 1)Can I create an array of objects using a parameterized constructor? 2)Is a c...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you FurryGuy (by LahiRulZ)
determining whether a number is a square/cube

i came across the following question: Determine whether a given number is a square number/cube number and have the following implementation: #include<io...
[2 replies] Last: i decided to stick to the integer only solution. is the code below goo... (by globaltourist)
how to check for int and ID

Hello. I need help with sorting strings that i read from a file, the file contains strings like ("int" , "[" , "]", "x", "1") i put them into array and now i ne...
[8 replies] Last: Lets take the keywords first. You must have a list of them. Then, if a... (by keskiverto)
Ridding myself of circular dependency

I currently have two singletons that are unfortunately depending on one another. I'm following SDL Game Development by Shaun Mitchell, so please don't choke me ...
[3 replies] Last: I understand that singletons are not generally liked for the reasons y... (by overlordmanny)
ATM

hello guys, i am quite new with c++ and i have to make an ATM machine i've made my code but when i withdrawn the money and i want to check my balance? it does n...
[1 reply] : Hello dizz767, First I will suggest that you initialize all your vari... (by Handy Andy)
Streams and Files

Hello everyone, I was busy due to my college . but now I return to c++ and to my old problem with streams and files chapter this chapter is almost done but ther...
[1 reply] : First, the strstream is deprecated . Move on to use std::stringstream... (by keskiverto)
by Phil15
Need some help on this interview question

Hi guys, So I read this interview question: "Given an array of integers, delete the max and min numbers (both could appear more than once) in place. Do it...
[5 replies] Last: Brilliant, I knew there was a good answer, Thank you! (by Phil15)
October 2016 Pages: 1... 4748495051
  Archived months: [sep2016] [nov2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.