Beginners - October 2017 (Page 10)

How to start making this program

I am working on a program that will utilize three arrays to create a 50+ digit number and output that array to a string using a class (LargeInt). The user will ...
[1 reply] : Do you have to use arrays to do what you are wanting? Im confused as w... (by heintzman)
Trying to make a dynamic array, having memory issues that I am not able to identify.

I am trying to work with dynamic arrays and somewhere in my code I have a segmentation fault that I cannot seem to find. I am not great at c++ classes yet. I ha...
[2 replies] Last: I’ve added some comments to your code: #include <iostream> #includ... (by Enoizat)
by TK455
Problem with distance output in histogram

I've created a program which gathers the starting point and endpoint of a polymer, this works fine and it retrieves and outputs the points correctly, however, t...
[2 replies] Last: Thank You Very Much! This completely fixed my program and now it runs ... (by TK455)
Dynamic array of strings

Write your question here. Could someone please help me with overloading relational operator? Put the code you need help with here. #include <string> // f...
[1 reply] : It seems you're not the only one on this project: http://www.chegg.com... (by Enoizat)
by dubley
compare the sizes of two boxes

I am trying to compare the sizes of two boxes. I am not sure I am going about this the right way but I don't know how to enter the parameters for the function c...
[3 replies] Last: #include <iostream> struct box { char maker ; double height... (by Enoizat)
fault in do while

Code does not what i wish, who can help me. The code below asks you first for an amount you want to deposite (=beginbedrag). Then an interest rate (=renteperce...
[4 replies] Last: I wish that the program gives you the new amount (bedrag) from each y... (by Enoizat)
Sorting problems in own vector

Dear C++ heroes, Today I seek your help with my program for university, first of all here is the assignment: -------------------------------------------------...
[2 replies] Last: Sounds like a sticky situation. First I'll mention some things that sh... (by knowclue)
how to print multiple iterations of a variable?

So i am making a program where the user enters a number of students from 1-20, and then it calculates the average grade of all those students. IT then prints e...
[2 replies] Last: @keskiverto i just like to classify all my number variables as a doubl... (by asdfcxz)
ios or I/O Multiple Choice Question

G'day, I'm having difficulty on a particular practise question for an upcoming C++ exam and was wondering if anyone could help explain the answer to this one: ...
[1 reply] : Use the search function on the top of the forum to look up ios::showp... (by Duthomhas)
Help with reading in file to c string

Hello, I'm to read in a file with element symbols and atomic weights and store it in a linked list to compare to a formula to determine molecular weight, but ...
[8 replies] Last: Ah, yes, the joy of using a mobile device with a programming site... L... (by Duthomhas)
URGENT PLEASE HELP

I'm a beginner in C++ (you'll be able to tell through my code), but I really need help with my project. I'm having a problem with my do-while loop. When the use...
[4 replies] Last: The latter worked!!! Thank you so much for your help! I deleted a lot ... (by hh98265)
Urgent assistance.

Write your question here. i am a beginner and need assistance with my assignment as our instructor didn't clearly explain how can it be done? the assignme...
[1 reply] : Get this compiling. int main() { } Then, add code to open a file ... (by Repeater)
by SasuKe
Code Review

Hi Can I get someone to review my code for me please? Sorry if I'm not allowed to do this, I'll refrain from doing so in the future. Also, I can't post it u...
[1 reply] : Hello SasuKe, Can not review what you do not post. Andy (by Handy Andy)
Increment + validation ?

So in my current assignment I need to read a file with temperatures and then depending on the temp, cout X amount of stars. " you should have each star represe...
[8 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <fstream> #include <s... (by lastchance)
pointer in structure

The program stops working. #include<iostream> using namespace std; struct date { int d=12; int m=13; int y=14; }; date s; date *dob; ...
[16 replies] Last: Yes, but a very important difference is that in the first version, s ... (by MikeyBoy)
adding vector

Hello can someone help me please. I have three vector V.lat; V.lon; and V.height; v.lat 33.23944092 33.23962021 33.23980331 33.23996735 ...
[5 replies] Last: What does "save" mean? (by Repeater)
by beemo
how do i print out

ive created a program that'll out the output prime numbers from the users input but i dont know how to tell the user whether the number is prime. pls help :'( ...
[2 replies] Last: The logic looks a bit mixed-up. If the user inputs the number 7 or low... (by Chervil)
Class Array Objects using .h and .cpp files

My problem is listed below. The header file is already provided below but it doesn't seem to be complete? It doesn't have any constructors or a destructor. I've...
[1 reply] : Well, we won't do your homework. Do you have any specific problems? ... (by coder777)
problem with deleting allocated memory

Hey guys so my program is basically done all im trying to do is delete allocated memory. It lets me delete it for one of them but I get an error for the second ...
[2 replies] Last: Plenty of things seem off logic. For example infile2 line 6: ifs... (by Chervil)
Overloading functions??? What is it?

G'day all, so I am having difficulty understanding the concept of overloading functions, don't really know what it is in the first place and can't seem to find ...
[9 replies] Last: > Question 34) Choose the correct statement: A) Delcaring a function ... (by JLBorges)
October 2017 Pages: 1... 89101112... 33
  Archived months: [sep2017] [nov2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.