Beginners - September 2017

Debugging

Hi everyone, I was told that there are 6 bugs in the code below. So far I've found only 4 of them...
[1 reply] : With the Microsoft compiler: -W4 -analyze catches (generates warn... (by JLBorges)
Can't figure out how to perform this task with else/if

So the task is to use if/else statements to write a program that helps the user troubleshoot wifi. I...
[1 reply] : looks like a good start. Without doing something funky, looping here... (by jonnin)
by adnria
converting arithmetic to c++

is anyone here? i need help, how to convert arithmetic to c++
[13 replies] Last: I think some of the paid for tools may be able to generate C statement... (by jonnin)
Help with RNG

I was designing a dice game where it rolls two dice and adds the values together to find the winner,...
[2 replies] Last: I finally figured it out just before you posted this, thank you though... (by freshii)
Help with dynamic array of structures

Hi, I have got two issues I need help with. First, I'm supposed to open an binary file, read the ...
[1 reply] : While it is not the best, I have got around my issue. I was able to c... (by MissWhitney)
Need help converting Celcius to Fahrenheit - Homework

Hello. I am currently taking an introduction to C++ programming class at my college, and we have to ...
[6 replies] Last: It's weird how both cout statements require Fahrenheit as their vari... (by Chervil)
Strange c code, aprecciate some light

Hello, guys , this is my first post. I'll paste an exercise code i made for my school. This one ...
[8 replies] Last: Ty very much Enoizat! God bless you for being so kind to me. I was j... (by mondometal)
C++ nested loops and while or if

So I run the program and it doesn't run the while loop. the program is supposed to find the number ...
[2 replies] Last: I was referring to these two examples from my textbook: ==============... (by Cchadwicka1)
const function what for?

What's the purpose of adding const to a function? const_iterator begin() const { return data...
[1 reply] : The const keyword is used to mark a thing as “promise not to chang... (by Duthomhas)
by chuvak
Trying to validate a number based on certain conditions

Hi folks, So I am learning C++, and I agree with others when they say guiding through a problem i...
[4 replies] Last: > How would I go about implementing this? My SIN is of the type int, n... (by JLBorges)
Quiz program using classes and array of objects

Can someone help me walk through parts of my program? https://imgur.com/w46sSFX #ifndef QU...
[14 replies] Last: when I can see code as well My attempts to solve your issues (the on... (by Enoizat)
My First C++ Program - It works, but I have another issue...

Below I will paste my first program, but, my issue I think is with DEV C++. We downloaded DEV C++ on...
[11 replies] Last: I added (below) right before return 0; at the end and that fixed the ... (by Enoizat)
program that outputs a letter an x number of times

the idea for the program is that the user inputs a letter and a number and it outputs a line pattern...
[3 replies] Last: for(int K=n; K>0; --K){ print_x_letters(letter, K); std::cout <... (by ne555)
Timer output problem

Hi. I just recently started playing around with c++ and set myself with a challenge of making a sim...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the help! Do you know any other way of printing out a sin... (by reign28)
IF STATEMENT QUESTION

Hi,everyone. May I know why the program only solve using the 1st "if" statement? For example, I inse...
[2 replies] Last: Wow. Thank you very much! (by hooi1997)
Trying to count occurrences of number 3...it's a little off. (1,2)

Hey guys, sorry to keep bugging, but my class is online and my professor doesn't provide feedback re...
[22 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <ctime> int main()... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
how to eleminate F1 F2

when i input F1 the getch() still get it eventhough my code has elemenated F1 and stuff like that al...
[6 replies] Last: crystal clear...that's the answer that i have been watting for a long ... (by phongvants123)
Pointers and functions?

Hi everyone I was asked to determine why this code while result in a runtime error but I have no ide...
[8 replies] Last: The pointer was not destroyed. The memory the pointer accesses is wha... (by jonnin)
Why doesnt this work?

Everything works however the when I put a capital letter it gets an error in the first 3 letters asw...
[5 replies] Last: 0&&1&&2 is actually a function which returns true / false This (... (by mbozzi)
Trying to multiple time

what I am trying to do is: 10:00 14:00 18:00 22:00 Increment the current time by 4 hours each loop...
[2 replies] Last: Yea I really apologise for the messy code. I come from a Ruby & Python... (by chronograff)
September 2017 Pages: 123... 21
  Archived months: [aug2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.