Beginners - September 2014 (Page 4)

Confusing output for if/else code

I am at a loss as to how the output for this code is equal to 2? I feel like the "++n < 3" part would cause the "if" statement to fail, as 3 < 3 is an incorrect...
[4 replies] Last: Yeah, that's right. If you don't want to change the value of n you s... (by Peter87)
by teetee
correlation prob

Hi guys, i'm stuck with this program here. Any help is appreciated. So the question that was given was this: Find the correlation coefficient for the 10 obser...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> using namespace std; const int SIZE = 10; doub... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
swap_floats function

Im supposed to create a function that swaps the floats... the outcome of this code gives me: 2,4... i want it to give me 4,2... how would i do that? #incl...
[5 replies] Last: You made the changes kemotoe suggested, including the reference parame... (by Zhuge)
Need help printing max value using functions

Hi, i need help with an assignment making this program to calculate the min, max, and avg values of user input, all equations should be done through functions a...
[3 replies] Last: Why are you trying to pass the maximum array to the function when you ... (by jlb)
How do you do this?

Hi, I am a beginner in C++ and he has asked me to complete the question below. I do not know how to complete this program at all. I was wondering if you could h...
[3 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <limits> using namespace std; int mai... (by Corey21Woods)
by Musica
C++ help

This is the assign question My code: #include <iostream> using namespace std ; int main () { char w ; char* wPtr=w; char *dictionary ...
[2 replies] Last: thank you!! it works!! i also change char word ==> string word . (by Musica)
Multiplication by parallel arrays

I'm working on a program that takes two large numbers, stored in arrays of integers (one digit of the number per location) and performs multiplication to get th...
[3 replies] Last: In your print statement, the condition for the for-loop should be i <... (by Smac89)
Wrong Division Result

Why cant i get a result from division, it always comes out to 0. #include<iostream> #include<iomanip> #include<vector> using namespace std; int main()...
[2 replies] Last: thanks! (by Zenith1900)
Can Someone revise my tic-tac-toe program? (long code)

Can someone tell me how to improve this? Game::Game() { char b = { {'.','.','.'},{'.','.','.'},{'.','.','.'}}; for(x=0;x<3;x++) { ...
[1 reply] : What are you looking to improve? (by squished18)
Help with C++ Loop intro assignment

Hello! I am taking a Intro C++ class and this is one of the assignments. I need help with it and was wondering if anyone could assist me. http://gyazo.com/1e...
[1 reply] : When I am unsure how to get a program started, I try to answer the fol... (by squished18)
Need help with my C++ menu program

The only problem I have with my code is the result(no errors or warnings). It always gives me $2005371809 as my answer. for example, for each of my prices I inp...
[1 reply] : Well I was finally able to solve my dilemma(took about 3 hours jeesh).... (by deathslice)
Help...What does this mean?

What does this mean? int myNum = 10; int yourNum = 30; if (yourNum % myNum == 3)
[2 replies] Last: Thank you. That is correct. I have forgot about that. (by David623)
while loop output

I wrote the following while loop : #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int p, q, r; cout << "Enter 3 numbers: "; cin >> p...
[1 reply] : I think it's ur incrementing and decrementing. In the while loop, yo... (by crimsonzero2)
Analysis Help

I have to write a program calculating the following for a class: total calories, total grams of fat, total calories from fat, and total percentage of fat. It al...
[no replies]
assert function

I am trying to write a function that calculates the sqrt of a float. I have to test two cases, when x = 3 and when x = -3. So obviously I want to see what h...
[10 replies] Last: Holy shit, now I realized that all I program is absolute crap xD Than... (by DeathLeap)
easy implementation of zig /zag etc.

I looking for an easy implementation on how zig and zag a splay tree. all the method i've come up so far, affects the root node, but this not be as easy when th...
[no replies]
reading hexadecimal

can you please tell me how to convert large hexadecimal numbers like this 0x78ABCDEF or 0x12345678 . to decimal. I have searched for it for a while but no ...
[6 replies] Last: I know it now, thanks (by Jacobhaha)
Help please

Hello, I am writing a program, it is supposed to find e^x for an x input. e^x can be found by: 1+ x^1/1! + x^2/2! + ... + x^n/n! When I compile it the follow...
[1 reply] : ^ is the bitwise XOR operator in C++. Use the std::pow function if you... (by Peter87)
by csharp
Class Assignment help

Hello, This is my first time learning about classes and pointers I have some questions. I wrote all the functions except one which is the show functio...
[12 replies] Last: I asked and now I know that the colon mean initialization list and *t... (by csharp)
Linked List class

I'm having a couple of problems here. I'm trying to read information from a file into a linked list. First, I'm having trouble reading the file into the linked...
[2 replies] Last: #include "orderedLinkedList.h" #include "linkedList.h" #include <fst... (by jynx678)
September 2014 Pages: 123456... 51
  Archived months: [aug2014] [oct2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.