Beginners - September 2014 (Page 2)

How to read int from file into size of the array?

I'm trying to read an integer from a file, and use it in an array. here's part of my code: string *firstName; string *middleName; string *lastName; in...
[3 replies] Last: I got some help, and found out that somehow I deleted the text file. I... (by wulffman)
by Miele
Input/output for array

Hey, So I've started learning C++ and I'm doing beginner excercises by Blitz Coder. One of them is like that: Write a program that asks the user to enter th...
[8 replies] Last: aye :) (by mutexe)
File input/output

Alright this is just a book exercise for my class and I can't figure out if I did this right or whats suppose to happen when doing file input output. I created ...
[19 replies] Last: There are two ways of opening the files when dealing with C++ streams ... (by jlb)
breaking input into individual words

Write your question here. hi, i was wondering if this piece of code was correct or could be corrected to return individual words from the input. words_list...
[1 reply] : istringstream_iterator → istream_iterator Other than that it cou... (by MiiNiPaa)
Please help....trying to learn C++

I am getting an internal and external error when I compile this program that I am trying to get to work. // This program will let the user input a lette...
[18 replies] Last: didnt you just notice? about missing double quote? lol (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
by Jhub
infinite loop problem

working on "ex 3" at bottom of code I am trying to write a coin toss program that uses rand() to come up with the number 1 or 0. Each one represents heads or ...
[12 replies] Last: Take it one step at a time. What is a double? How can a double store a... (by S G H)
c++11 to c++98 conversion

#include <iostream> #include <sstream> #include <list> #include<vector> using namespace std; int width; int pagewidth; typedef list<string> WordList; WordL...
[1 reply] : he uses mac and used some c++11 feature that i cant use (windows, ecl... (by keskiverto)
How can I set a decimal point in BETWEEN a number and not after it?

I wrote this program that will calculate the retail price of an item. So far I have the program working but the output is not exactly what I expected. For exam...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you stewbond, that was all I needed (by SomeAmazingGuy)
C++ and Excel VBA Arrays Dll

Hello Titans Of Programming ! What is the best way to pass a multidimensional array between Excel VBA and C++. I have been reading multiple SafeArray article...
[4 replies] Last: This has to do with the visual basic memory management and other thing... (by coder777)
Some confusions...

Hello all of you.... I'm a beginner to C++, but I've some confusions in the language.. first of all I want to know that: Why a program made in C++ can not be...
[7 replies] Last: Somewhere in Data structures in Time Complexity topics I've read this,... (by ButchCavendish)
by BaneX
How to properly use if , if else statement in a switch?

PLEASE CLOSE :)
[3 replies] Last: Thank you Tom56785 & cire for you input. Sadly, my professor informed... (by BaneX)
How to access string of private in class

i need access string name in private to sort name. So Can i access string name like this? class Student { private: char name ; char as ; fl...
[3 replies] Last: So, what you have right now would return an array character. If it wa... (by crimsonzero2)
by csharp
help with writing a class

Hello, I have updated my question now I am writing class to do a transaction it does what I want but it fails when it comes to error checking process my err...
[9 replies] Last: Think that is the best way. Thumbs up! (by shadowCODE)
by Ion93
Penny Program

Ok so this is a loop that shows how many pennies a person will have everyday for a total of 64 days. My teacher wants me to also put in two asterisk symbols (**...
[3 replies] Last: outputFile fixed<< setw(30) << sum; //set width to 30 to make it n... (by shadowCODE)
Making a Table while reading in data

Hello, For an assignment i need to make a neat table to organize my data. The data needs to be read in using cin, or infile. I've written the code, formulas ...
[2 replies] Last: What do you want to do? i need to make a neat table to organize my ... (by shadowCODE)
im a little lost on this

what does this (%) stand for i have 2 different codes with it in there cna u tell me what it means in both codes thanks //this is my random number gen my...
[3 replies] Last: welcome bro (by shadowCODE)
by cm93
Project Help please. C++ beginner.

I have this school project I've been working on most of the day. It'll be easier if you read the whole thing first. ------------------------------------------...
[1 reply] : //I want to make rand() be a number with 4 significant digits, with ... (by mobotus)
by Ganado
Include guard definining 1

Just wondering what subtle differences could arise, if any, from doing #ifndef _GLIBCXX_QUEUE #define _GLIBCXX_QUEUE 1 ... #endif /* _GLIBCXX_QUEUE */ as...
[no replies]
Code Review - FileHandler class

Hey guys, I've been working on version 2 of my FileHandler class. I haven't implemented the read and write yet ( I'm open for suggestions/ideas ) Looking ...
[6 replies] Last: That's genius. Exactly the kind of advice I'm looking for. I was goi... (by megatron 0)
Add command line switches to console application

I have made a small app that is menu driven; so when the program launches it looks like the code snippet below: 1. Choice 1 2. Choice 2 3. Choice 3 ...
[3 replies] Last: It works just like any other variable. switch(argv ) { case 'A':... (by admkrk)
September 2014 Pages: 1234... 51
  Archived months: [aug2014] [oct2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.