Beginners - September 2014 (Page 49)

How to use <chrono> in C++ Microsoft Visual?

I am using Microsoft visual 2010 for my c++ homework and the thread <chrono> and <thread> cannot be opened. Is it not installed in the version or named diff...
[7 replies] Last: I am using loop inside loop to delay the time.. here is my code I th... (by giblit)
by Ch1156
Accessing 1 private member from class

I need to access 1 private member from my class, I have been looking up how to do it but nothing that, really seemed to help me. I seen a post that said to use ...
[5 replies] Last: if you only need to read a private member, add a member function that ... (by IWishIKnew)
by Mahkus
While loop problems

I can't get this loop to return the values for i, ma, and mi. It does however return N. Why isn't this working? //Mark Cook //Prog1b //Aug 28, 2014 #in...
[3 replies] Last: You're welcome! It's easy to miss things like that :) (by MikeyBoy)
differences in the declaration

1/ What is the differences between int *p , int **p = new int* and int p . 2/ What is the differences between int *arr , int (*arr) , int *(arr ). ...
[3 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/arrays/ (by keskiverto)
how the language works on the underlying

I'm a beinner and i want to know how the language works on the underlying, can you explain me what happens exactly when i create and initalize an object in ...
[3 replies] Last: It returns a reference to the ostream so it would be almost the same a... (by giblit)
by h4ever
SIGSEGV, segmentaition fail

Can you help with this error? This happens after build, when I debug: GCC Block code K just linked refu.dll library, which contains timer function. This is w...
[8 replies] Last: @coder777 //prototype char readArguments(int argc, ... (by ne555)
Pancakes glutton

I know that this problem has been solved, but I ran into a little issue here. I displayed the pancakes in descending order. So my problem is almost done, exc...
[5 replies] Last: @Victor89 Sorry. When I put the file into my compiler, I had changed ... (by whitenite1)
Confused...#include multiple header files

I've only recently began splitting my projects into separate source and header files, and running into regular linking errors. All is fine putting function dec...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks Disch, the two .h files referencing each other makes sense. Tha... (by slouchcouchgamer)
by kni9ht
Organizing numbers

Hi, i am trying to reorganize the numbers so that the odds are first from smallest to largest and the evens are after from largest to smallest. for example: {-...
[9 replies] Last: @keskiverto , thanks for the insight on the code. This is a beginner ... (by shadowCODE)
Printing out random values

I can´t get the the loop to get a new random value at every new number cin #include <iostream> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <time...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <... (by patriic48)
trouble in compiling this code

I have tried to compile this program from my C++ book. However, the compiler says that 'strcpy’ was not declared in this scope. #include <iostream> usin...
[1 reply] : #include <cstring> PLEASE USE CODE TAGS (the <> formatting... (by AbstractionAnon)
getting 2 arrays and returning result as 1 array !

i dont understand why this doens't work, i want to get an arraym(in my main app 2) and do some stuff with it and then return the array of result ( all of arrays...
[5 replies] Last: thanks a lot guys :) (by kam hagh)
by Erland
cout & printf (c++)

printf("student's name/score: "); scanf("%s/%e", &m1, &n1); if I wrote this than I can input John/99, John will be in variable m1 and 99 will be in variable...
[8 replies] Last: The first form of getline in AbstractionAnon's link takes three parame... (by keskiverto)
1 error within Calculator

Hello, I have just finished writing up the code for a simple calculator however, I have gone to 'build and run' the program and I'm getting this error 'error: n...
[5 replies] Last: Hello again, I kind of understand the while loop however would you be ... (by Psyduck)
No match for operator+

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to C++ and I'm just doing some uni homework and trying to understand operator overloading. When I try to compile my code though, I get ...
[14 replies] Last: I don't disagree about having headers as prerequisities. What your aut... (by keskiverto)
Problem Related to C++ SFML Programming

I have already copied the image needed to the same file with the program. But when I run the program, the system shows Failed to load image "Untitled.jpg". R...
[2 replies] Last: Reply: ResidentBiscuit Yes, already saved in the same folder. (by wangshengwei95)
C++ errors,dont know how to fix

Trying to convert Java to C++ ,I dont know how to do so ,here is the question Design a class named pet, which should have the following fields: * name....
[1 reply] : dont specify the protection level for each variable. class Pet { ... (by mutexe)
io with files

Can anyone tell me where text files are saved when I create one in a console application, if I am wrong and I have to create the file where do I save the file f...
[5 replies] Last: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/143174/how-do-i-get-the-directory-t... (by keskiverto)
Error Finding

I am writing a program to identify the character entered by the user.Please find the errors in the following program. Thanx it advance. #include<iostrea...
[4 replies] Last: Thanx guys owe you big time. :) (by rockgtr)
by h4ever
Matrix of floats, pls explain

I am running a code to generate kernel or matrix. I see it works, but it is not clear to me how. Author of the code declares the ret as pointer to float. But I ...
[4 replies] Last: The size is fixed. float foo; float bar[ size ]; Do you think that... (by keskiverto)
September 2014 Pages: 1... 4748495051
  Archived months: [aug2014] [oct2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.