Beginners - September 2014 (Page 50)

by davez
HEEEELp

Can someone help me i want to create a program that computes the running product of all the numbers inputted by the user and exits when the users enter 1. My...
[2 replies] Last: its ok sir i already solved it (by davez)
C++ Calculator won't sum the numbers.

Hello, The code I pasted below is runnable however, at the end as you can see it will not sum the numbers, thanks for any help in advance. // Te...
[5 replies] Last: I am using DEV C++. i think that's very old, but maybe someone else ... (by mutexe)
How This Code is Working?

//ForStatistics.cc //Computes the sample mean and variance of N numbers input at the keyboard. //N is specified by the user but must be 10 or fewer in th...
[4 replies] Last: int main() //i dont know but we always writing this Seeing this i w... (by mutexe)
need help with completing this calculator C++

My calculator works in LXterminal but it needs something to add in it. They said WHILE YOU DIVIDE if the 2nd number is 0, it should say "Sorry you can't divide ...
[2 replies] Last: i think you are confusing about the QUOTIENT ^^ (by xenovia12)
by ephekt
function to remove the current item

I am having a heck of a time trying to get this function to work right. It does work but not for the first item of the sequence. It actually removes the first ...
[4 replies] Last: You could alternatively subtract first then not have to subtract 1 fro... (by giblit)
Sort Array

Working on a coding problem and I'm stuck on a sort array. I need to write two functions (one to display the contents of an array, and another to sort the array...
[8 replies] Last: Thank you, Giblit. I understand how bubble sorts work, but the coding ... (by ksmarine1980)
by Blank
Functions

my assigment, include these three functions getsalesAmt -this function prompts the user to enter a monthly sales amount. the amount is read and assigne...
[no replies]
Cin not working, help please

When I ask the user to input their friends name, the output completely skips the option to enter any data. Another issue is that when I select either m/f for...
[4 replies] Last: No, when you use std::cin >> variable; it leaves a newline in the bu... (by giblit)
Finding area/perimeter of triangle

In my assignment I have to find the area and the perimeter of a triangle with already given values for each side a = 33.185 b = 21.23 c = 13.80 where ar...
[4 replies] Last: You need to include the asterisk for multiplication. Parenthesis don't... (by Cody0023)
by T4l0n
resize array using pointers

I wrote this program to create more memory for arrays as soon as i input more than 10 numbers. When i use the function in line 15 i return the array numbers but...
[10 replies] Last: We understand what it is to be initialized. The point is that there i... (by Lowest0ne)
Bubble sort algorithm

hi please i need help to solve this problem! Measure elapsed time for Bubble sort algorithm, for multiple array sizes N. so far this is only i have can u fix m...
[1 reply] : For something like this it will probably finish in a matter of microse... (by giblit)
Name of this function?

I'm asked for the out put of a code, I calculated it, but it's also asking me for the "name" or what this function is called, provided that b<=a<=c. It just ...
[no replies]
Please help me understand/fix this.

I made the mistake of taking this intro c++ class and I am incredibly frustrated and confused. I am supposed to be putting 6 numbers in order from smallest t...
[1 reply] : This sounds like a job for a sorting algorithm the simplest one woul... (by Hertz)
C++ Encountering Errors

Hello, I am new to these forums and for the past two days have been experimenting with C++. I coded a simple calculator that would +, -, /, * two numbers howe...
[1 reply] : line 120 - you don't need the data types in front of the arguments sen... (by wildblue)
Counting lines from file and diplaying them in reverse order

I want to count the lines from input.txt and to display the lines in the output text in reverse order. input.txt output1.txt output2.txt Line 1 ...
[1 reply] : fout << s; // s=0, why? because std::istream.getline() uses the '\n'... (by Yanson)
Flipping a matrix array

I'm trying to flip a 4x5 matrix so that the rows will be in reverse order. For instance... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 would turn into: 7 8 9 4 5 6 1 2 3 I g...
[3 replies] Last: For example, when count is 7 i and j are also both 7. Are they? Let... (by keskiverto)
Clear the output

Hey! I need some help, i want to get rid clean the output after certain thing happens, but not sure how i have searched around the internet with Google but have...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/3207/ (by rafae11)
Simple math question.

I just started taking a class in C++ at school and had a quick nooby question. What happens to the remainders and decimals when you execute simple math? why doe...
[1 reply] : Do you understand the meaning of double and int in the above code... (by Chervil)
by ps8v9
Template syntax in Stroustrup's Tour

Chapter 5 in Stroustrup's "Tour of C++" introduces templates. In chapter 8, however, he uses some template syntax that I don't recall having been previously exp...
[1 reply] : Hmm. The discussion in the subsequent text implies that the template f... (by ps8v9)
by plp384
Why must I put ; before cout when using multi-way if-else statement

I am using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010. I am creating a shipping cost program that compares the package weight to 2 values followed by the output of the shi...
[7 replies] Last: @keskiverto I just looked at my textbook and it does not have a cond... (by plp384)
September 2014 Pages: 1... 48495051
  Archived months: [aug2014] [oct2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.