Beginners - September 2018 (Page 4)

No match for 'operator=='

I am having an issue with some lines, the code will not compile. #include <cstdlib> #include <iostream> #include <cctype> using namespace std; int m...
[4 replies] Last: For example if you have a char var and type 'a' and return in the cons... (by Thomas1965)
C++ API

Hello I wanted to make a C++ API program. Haven't done this before so now idea.. What Libraries to use?? Can anyone help and provide a basic sample code pro...
[4 replies] Last: OK Thank you :-) I will look around for those libraries once... But i ... (by Dharmaraj24)
help easy problem

Write a program that will display the value and logical address of an uninitialized character array with size ten (10) and a pointer pointing to the array. (Hin...
[15 replies] Last: I don't follow your question - please clarify. An asterisk, *, is used... (by lastchance)
by irush
How to add and then multiply

[code firstline=10]#include <stdio.h> int main( void ) { int n=1, n_max , sum=0; printf("enter n_max"); scanf("%d", &n_max)...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, honestly you opened my eyes. It is so easy now I feel dumb, th... (by irush)
Writing a random number generator

I have been working on this random number generator for a few days now. The problem that I have with it is when I run the program and go to enter the number I a...
[6 replies] Last: Hello Tipper1997, Forgot to mention this last time> PLEASE ALWAYS US... (by Handy Andy)
Formatting decimal numbers and outputting invalid messages.

I am having trouble with this code. I am supposed to make it to where if there is a number inputted for TV_Type that is not between 0 and 100 the program will d...
[2 replies] Last: @talemache That was typo I meant TV_Size.Thank you anyways I will try ... (by jhughes7)
new concept,is this a struct?

so playing around with SDL I noticed this, what exactly is going on here,I'm surprised I've never come across it before, we are creating an SDL_MessageBoxData n...
[2 replies] Last: It is no different than creating a SDL_Rect like SDL_Rect r{0,0,10,10... (by poteto)
Using setw w/showpoint and setprecison won't indent?

Tried to ask my prof a question today about it but she didn't explain why. With line 21, when I run it as is it displays 7.000 as desired, but not spaced 5 spac...
[1 reply] : The size of 7.000 is 5 in ascii. The text hugs the right side of whe... (by poteto)
SDL question

Hi guys, the problem I have here is that my window seems to become unresponsive when the program is running,not too sure why,reason I created an infinite while...
[2 replies] Last: thanks poteto =) (by adam2016)
Trying to make a Craps game for my assigment

I'm trying to make the program generate random numbers but i'M stuck with how I would create a loop. I'm just a bit confused on how I would create a loop so tha...
[3 replies] Last: Thank You! (by bored622)
Sort a string array without algorithm library

How does one sort a string array given only these two parameters and not being allowed to use the algorithm library? I attempted to use anothers persons recomme...
[13 replies] Last: Well jonnin, Shows what you know... Wrapping the string in the class... (by Manga)
Unable to open include file in turbo C

So I'm trying to make a program that checks whether a number is odd or even and our prof. asked us to make a function that checks the number. She also asked us ...
[11 replies] Last: @jonnin Ouch! That's so bad it probably makes it into the top 100 rea... (by MikeyBoy)
To simplify my code

Hello! I am doing my school assignment and this is the program I made. My program works but my professor told me to take out first (while) and replace that w...
[8 replies] Last: So simple in the end. Thank you all for tips and helping me out. (by Juuchijs)
random CSV file generator

I'm working on a project that will generate a random CSV file given some specifications (in main()) however it's spitting out garbage and I can't figure out why...
[10 replies] Last: For the first part my understanding of static was not complete. I hav... (by MikeyBoy)
How do I return values from class

class PaySlip{ private: string name; int payGrade, basicSal, overtimeH, overtimeP, grossP, netP, withT; public: void setValue(string names, int...
[7 replies] Last: There are two parts to that (as described in the linked texts). Given... (by keskiverto)
by weee
why c++11 has move semantics instead of doing the actual tricks in compiler?

I wonder for such obvious thing (just to detect if it's rvalue) wouldn't it be better to just optimize it away in compiler instead of adding to the already comp...
[2 replies] Last: I wonder for such obvious thing (just to detect if it's rvalue) ... ... (by Peter87)
URL response

Hello suppose I want to get reply of any URL in C++ program by receiving data from a site. How do I do that? I mean just for example If I run ping www.g...
[1 reply] : It's not clear what you're asking. Can you take your time and start a... (by kbw)
Parallel Arrays

Hello...questions are below :) #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; int main() { // Declare variables. string addIn; ...
[7 replies] Last: No problem, happy coding! Talemache~ (by talemache)
ERROR expected '}' before 'else'

When I go to rebuild/compile I get the error referenced above, any input greatly appreciated. Thanks #include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> using name...
[4 replies] Last: You need to assign values . values = some_value; In your while loo... (by Ganado)
Library of Babel

This is more of a conceptual thread because I don't know how to approach this. In base 10 if you want to know what index the number 'n' as you can just look a...
[1 reply] : To be consistent, wouldn't you want 26 to be "ba"? Or am I misundersta... (by Ganado)
September 2018 Pages: 123456... 20
  Archived months: [aug2018] [oct2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.