NEED a Free compiler for C++ on windows 8

hi
Please anybody tell me which is the best free compiler available for c++ on windows 8 platform. please tell me free compiler because i am student.
"Best" is overrated.

GCC, as in mingw, is an option. MS has VS Express.
I use mingw on Windows 8 and it's done good so far.
well, in windows 8 i'm using CodeBlocks, with it comes a debugger and a compiler and is a Free software, you can get in codeblocks.org...., Best Regards...
i'd base your decision on which one you use in your classes.
In general, whether one is a student learning the language or an experienced programmer, it is a good idea to present your code to two different compilers.

Both are free; get both.
closed account (jwkNwA7f)
Microsoft Visual Studio Express or for students you can the professional version for free.
well, in windows 8 i'm using CodeBlocks, with it comes a debugger and a compiler and is a Free software, you can get in codeblocks.org...., Best Regards..

I second this. CodeBlocks is easy to use and it's free. I'm using it with my windows 8 though I rarely write code with my touchscreen.
Follow these instructions:

https://netbeans.org/community/releases/72/cpp-setup-instructions.html#cygwin

The instructions are designed for netbeans IDE, but compilers aren't IDE dependent so after you follow the instructions, you can go ahead and use any IDE you wish. I recommend any of { Eclipse, netbeans, monodevelop }
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.