New to C++ on MAC

closed account (L3bkoG1T)
Okay, I've used C++ on Windows, but never on MAC.
now I'm using a Old Tiger Computer, and i have Xcode 2.4.1. I need to know how to use the <conio.h> library or something like it, I have tried using C++ Tool on Xcode and it says no such file or directory exists.
If you know how to use Key input/output in Xcode that would help.

Thanks
dont program c++ on a mac, just going to be a little blunt here. Download and install a virtual machine for linux(free)/windows($) and run code::blocks/other compilers in it.
the hell? c++ on a mac is far more relevant than on windows need4sleep, considering the unix operating system is written in c. dont listen to him temp132. i program just fine on xcode on a mac. however conio is a windows library. google search an equivalent for it
Most of <conio.h> functionality can be done by <iostream>.

Which features are you trying to use?
TO Need4Sleep: I am trying to learn how to program on a mac because i want to be able to use any computer available to me to program, i can already handle C++ on windows (to some degree) but mac and Linux are a mystery to me. Plus a mac is what i have for the time being.

TO Aramil: Please don't swear, i find it offensive. and thanks i will search for an equivalent.

TO Stewbond: Really How, I'm trying to use the getch() function, if there is a way to do that with <iostream> that would make life so much easier (i hope).
cin.get(); is pretty similar to getch.
well cin.get(ch) cin.get pauses
Well i need something that won't pause, that picks up one key and then moves onto the next line of code. (Without need of pressing enter)
Last edited on
closed account (1yR4jE8b)
Please don't swear, i find it offensive.

What are you, 12?

Please don't swear, i find it offensive.

What are you, 12?

oh the irony
> Well i need something that won't pause, that picks up one key and then moves onto the next line of code.
> (Without need of pressing enter)

See: http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/kbhit.html

Which links to: http://www.pwilson.net/kbhit.html (OS X is Unix)

TO Darkestfright: No I'm not 12. I'm a Mormon (LDS)
http://mormon.org/
well this is a non censored community
Yes This may be a non censored community, but you should still be respectful to those around you.
Now are you going to continue critiquing my Personal beliefs or are you going to help me with C++ (as is the soul purpose of this forum). I am perfectly willing to leave and seek help elsewhere.

I need a Simple solution on how to pick up a single key from the keyboard (like an arrow key, or the END key) and not to have to hit ENTER.
Remember i am using a MAC 10.4 (tiger)

TO JLBorges: Thanks but i can't find what I'm looking for on those pages, I'll keep looking though.
your the one who brought it up and ur being disrespectful to my beliefs. now, google search grabbing keyboard input - c++
Good Bye
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.