General C++ Programming - April 2016 (Page 5)

sorting linkedlist

Greetings all, I'm sure this is a topic that's been well traversed allready but i just can't figure out the solution for my specific case and i'm hoping somebo...
[3 replies] Last: When sorting a linked list, you're not meant to dump them all into an ... (by Moschops)
How to read equations from text file ?

I am relatively new to C++. I would appreciate if you guys could help me out. Fundamentally, I am trying to bring a large number of equations from Mathematica i...
[1 reply] : Something along these lines, perhaps: #include <iostream> #include <... (by JLBorges)
Program not progressing

When I type in the file I want to use to proceed in checking for characters, words, and sentences it won't proceed and I am forced to end it with ctrl + c on. I...
[1 reply] : Have you tried stepping through it in a debugger, so that you can see ... (by MikeyBoy)
Garden Services program

[2 replies] Last: The sad thing is that, often, when it happens, right after we explain ... (by MikeyBoy)
Implement linked list to circular singly linked !

Hello , i want to implement this header file to get a simply linked circular list , i know that the last node need to be point at the first node , can you p...
[5 replies] Last: No, I won't write the code for you. That's how you learn. If you tak... (by doug4)
Count Only ".", "?", and "!" from a text file.

I am trying to create a function where it will count each ending punctuation such as periods, question marks, and exclamation marks from a text file. int ...
[6 replies] Last: You didn't read my full post. Next, you are comparing p to 3 differe... (by doug4)
Compiling Error

How to Fix http://i.imgur.com/O33H7rw.png
[1 reply] : You need to make sure your link path includes the directory containing... (by MikeyBoy)
how to use a function from a class

Hello i want to use the function getscore() from the following and keep on adding 50 point to the score how can i do it. And please give a coded example. thanky...
[1 reply] : Please use code tags when posting code. You've been asked this severa... (by MikeyBoy)
I'm fairly new to programming and i have an exam in the morning. Need some help!

So my Student Instructor sent me a practice exam an hour ago and my exam is in the morning I'm having trouble figuring this problem out. Write a fun...
[1 reply] : Hi, I have an idea of how I am supposed to do it but i cannot put it... (by a10e29)
class string code

The purpose of this code is to use functions from the string class to obtain information about a string. Detail Requirements The user of your program will ...
[1 reply] : My what a mighty fine description. It certainly needs help. Quick some... (by a10e29)
by SidV
Input Array Values and Compare

Okay so I have an assignment that asks me to create a program to compare two arrays. The program has to be made up of 4 functions. One function to ask the user ...
[1 reply] : How do I pass arrays through functions? like this int arr ; filla... (by a10e29)
im trying to learn c++ on yown but i dont understand some of the things the question is asking im still a beginner

Write an intereactive program which allows the user to enter values into subscrioted variable 'x' of lenth n determined by the user. Also the program should dis...
[1 reply] : Please do not double-post. The other thread: http://www.cplusplus.com/... (by keskiverto)
by ct180
Avoid printing garbage memory from vector container?

I am at the early stages of creating a VERY simple graph. The code below reads commands from a text file such as (for testing purposes): add a g add d t ...
[3 replies] Last: ugh I reverted back to storing vertex objects directly because I have ... (by ct180)
by ct180
Class does not name a type

I'm attempting to build a graph class and have the following Graph.h: #ifndef GRAPH_H #define GRAPH_H #include <list> #include <algorithm> using namespace ...
[3 replies] Last: Awesome! That did it. (by ct180)
codelab

Allocate an array of 100 integer pointers and assign the resulting pointer to the appropriately declared variable , ip_arr. Allocate 100 integers and assig...
[4 replies] Last: yea I have idea as to wtf I'm doing.. Thanks for the help bro. cheers.... (by aaronjohn2)
by EEeng
Searching and Sorting an Array

Hi all, I am having trouble with writing a function "void find_continents()" that goes through all countries from a .csv file and fills the global array con...
[no replies]
Overload operator>> for my custom String class

Hello. I'm making my own String class where I hold a char* mainString and a int size I did a lot of methods and operator overloading. Now I'd like to ...
[15 replies] Last: No you misunderstood. I am allocating 100 chars by default. The probl... (by gedamial)
by WhatIf
rename() and remove()

Hi, I'm trying to rename an existing file then delete it. However I doesn't work, I get the following output: Error deleting new file : No such file or direc...
[1 reply] : rename returns 0 on success. if line 3 is reached, rename was not... (by cire)
by SidV
Calculating Employees Paycheck

I have been trying to figure out how to do the problem below: Write a program that will record information about employees and compute their paychecks. Each...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you very much! I learned a lot from this assignment and with you... (by SidV)
by Xriuk
Get variable type to pass to template

I have this situation: template <typename T> T* func(); // Does things MyClass* c = new MyDerivedClass(); My question is: How can I pass to func<>() 'MyDerive...
[7 replies] Last: If for template < typename T > T* func() ; type T must be a class ... (by JLBorges)
April 2016 Pages: 1... 34567... 23
  Archived months: [mar2016] [may2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.