General C++ Programming - April 2016 (Page 4)

Stuct problem

I get an error anytime I try to put in a value for a variable in rAccount. error message is: "main.cpp: In function 'rAccount reg()': main.cpp:65:16: error: ex...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you very much (by BigWeel)
.c file

#include "udf.h" DEFINE_PROFILE(velocity1_inlet,thread,index) { real x ,A ; real y; face_t f; real current_time; double data ,a0,a ,b ; dou...
[3 replies] Last: I dont know about the .c program my Prof. gave this file to me to just... (by maryam1367)
by baril
expected a declaration error is at the bracket before the while loop at the bottom PLEASE HELP

#include <iostream> #include <time.h> #include <conio.h> #include <windows.h> using namespace std; //prototypes void seed_random(); ...
[1 reply] : your code indented #include <iostream> #include <time.h> #include <co... (by ne555)
Encryption program

So I was messing around with xor encryption and I spent a while trying to get this thing encrypted pretty decently and well I am wondering if you could see any ...
[no replies]
How to sort by characters in a text file.

How would I sort by words via the beginning of each word A-Z?
[no replies]
Help with modifying using arrays. Urgent help.

I have been working on this assignment which is supposed to use an old code. I am having a hard time visualizing what I'm supposed to do. General Information ...
[1 reply] : To me all it looks like is to check for upper and lower case and sort ... (by Hedgehog Ninja)
priority_queue maximum size???

I have a A* search as this: void apply_astar(const vec2 & src, const vec2 & tar) { clear_res(); reset_vertex(); GraphVertex* srcvert = query_vertex(src, 5...
[3 replies] Last: I've checked the pointer and they are all valid even when exception is... (by sunsflower)
Generator Set Problem

Hello. My teacher posted an interesting question for some extra credit: In this project, you should write a code in c/c++ (in Linux) which solves the following...
[4 replies] Last: Pardon my mathematical terminology. It's been a number of years since... (by doug4)
C++ programming for class

Write a class name StudentRecord with the following specifications – • Data members: name, marks , major, term (use appropriate data type) • Member functi...
[3 replies] Last: Here is your code cleaned up enough to compile. Search for "dmh" to s... (by dhayden)
preferred way of finding neighbours in a 2d array

Hi, I am working on a OOP project and I have to see if any of my neighbouring 8 cells contains a specific value or not. Now I know how to find it but don't know...
[2 replies] Last: Sometimes you can avoid the bounds check altogether. If you have to s... (by dhayden)
C++ Array

hello, i have this assignment but i got stuck on number 3. Question 1: Create a 3x3 array, each filled with a digit 1-9 so that the array resembles a num pad....
[1 reply] : A Magic array is an n x n array Your array will be a 3x3 array, so ... (by doug4)
Struggling to Create Efficient Card Game Class

Hello all! I'm working on a card game and right now I'm trying to create the basic card/deck logic for a Trading Card Game (TCG) but so far I'm struggling to co...
[4 replies] Last: @whitenite1 OH MY WORD!!! At first glance, this looks EXACTLY like w... (by ljamison)
solve minesweeper c++ in an OOP way

Hi, I am trying to solve a minesweeper game where i need to show how many mines are there around each box. Given a m x n array and the indexes where there are m...
[7 replies] Last: Not quite. There would be 50x50 = 2,500 fieldSpace objects. Only 100 o... (by closed account D80DSL3A)
by Kubani
My problem in using VS 2015

I just installed MS VS 2015 Enterprise (IDE) on my Windows 7 machine and created a new Win32 Project names "test1" and wrote the following code in it to test ...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you very much JLBorges. The problem is solved. :) Also thanks to... (by Kubani)
array - copied or not copied

Is the array below copied or not copied when called? Told to use & in the type of the function so it isn't copied, but without the & it still changes its argume...
[9 replies] Last: Thank you everyone for helping me. (by technologist)
by a10e29
union questions

Hi, I'm new to unions, made a little toy program that brought up some questions. #include <stdlib.h> class Foo{}; class Bar{}; class Baz{}; class Filter { pu...
[1 reply] : > Can unions be private? Yes. struct A { // both type and membe... (by JLBorges)
by Kernul
Problem with C vectors of class 'Team'

This is my code: Team.h //File header of class "Team". #include <iostream> #include <cstring> //Prevent the multiple inclusion of the header file. #ifndef ...
[2 replies] Last: Oh, I got it. Thanks for the help! (by Kernul)
Poor performance of COM-component

Hi ALL! I've faced the following issue while programming C++/COM: 1) there is C++ code, let's say it's inside the function void f1(); 2) there is inproc DLL...
[no replies]
Im a beginner at c++ and i have no idea of what im suppose to do

Write an interactive program that allows a user you update am ordered list of numbers. You may use your own list of numbers. You should input an ordered list of...
[3 replies] Last: I know what the questions is asking me to but writing the program is t... (by CoreyS18)
Solving quadratic equation in system

I need to find a parabola's equation given 3 points. How can I solve with a program a 2nd degree system with 3 equations? Is there a special library that I can ...
[1 reply] : For a parabola, I don't think you need a special library, or even a pr... (by Michael37)
April 2016 Pages: 123456... 23
  Archived months: [mar2016] [may2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.