General C++ Programming - April 2017 (Page 14)

Helpful Forums for this.??

Hello I was wondering if anyone had any good forums about reading in file in a program that has data you would like to update certain variables with. Ex: ther...
[no replies]
Input/Output with linked list

I having problems with a program that uses an input txt file to get the data for a linked list and then to output the data in a report in a different txt file. ...
[3 replies] Last: Here is my input file. InventoryFileForInput 10001 5000 15.00 .20 5... (by crm2017)
Linked List and Input/Output Problems

I'm having problems having a program read data input from a txt file, putting in a linked list, and then outputting the information into a different txt file.
[10 replies] Last: sorry I didn't know that I needed to put all of that in and yes I'm se... (by crm2017)
How is these functions supposed to look like?

So far, I did a function called by main with no parameters like was supposed to, but I also have call another function by main that accepts two arguments. (The...
[5 replies] Last: First please use code tags when posting code (Highlight the code then ... (by jlb)
Can anyone fix the error(S) that are in my code? (1,2)

I've basically completed my assignment, and the program shows 0 errors, but when I run it the program doesn't show me the address I have entered, the Employees ...
[22 replies] Last: The problems with your code were described in posts 2 and 4 of this th... (by dhayden)
c++ name saving implementation

(I couldn't seem to figure out how to delete this post so i made it into another) How could i implement my script to create a text file and write say a 'play...
[1 reply] : Duplicate of http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/212710/ . Please ... (by MikeyBoy)
Auto comment code

I'm working on a program for my cs class and it has to auto comment the code. We have set comments like //header , //function , //var , and we have to replace t...
[1 reply] : If I understand you correctly, you're trying to find and replace poten... (by gunnerfunner)
Can the total element size of a dynamic array, be decreased at run-time? (1,2)

Is it possible? Because from the many webpages I have read online, the general notion is that programmers will only ever need to only carry on increasing the si...
[21 replies] Last: In general, it is a bad idea to try to shrink a vector periodically (u... (by JLBorges)
help needed asap

4. Write a program using functions and the switch structure to determine the healthiest food store. Build a menu, exactly, like the following menu: 1. McDona...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/ (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Need help with loop coding with random #s

At the Wichita County Fair, there is a Duck Arcade game on the midway that guarantees that you will win a prize every time you play. In this arcade, there are h...
[3 replies] Last: Here is your code indented and with code tags: #include<iostream> #in... (by dhayden)
arrays

I need help writing a program to fill ten integer numbers into an array and print out the maximum number. If some one could help ASAP i have to turn this code i...
[6 replies] Last: use std::max_element: http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/algorithm/max_e... (by gunnerfunner)
more arrays

write a program to search the array for the students final scores based on their student ID. after finding the students score you need to output if the score is...
[3 replies] Last: yes can you show me how to write that code Cute. Answer = no, this i... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
by Mr Ez
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire

I have a task,my teacher ask me to make a "who wants to be millionaire program". He told me that my source code is too long because i put the question and the ...
[16 replies] Last: Maybe the whole thing is useful: #include <iostream> #include <fstre... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Programming output incorrect

Hi, so I'm writing this code for my c++ course that acts as a mini calculator by using <fstream> to refer to a txt file given to us with seven rows of two integ...
[6 replies] Last: Okay I understand what I was doing wrong now, thanks guys!! (by XxLooneyTunes)
by orla14
order decks cards

i dont know was wrong with print function i need to order the cards eg, two to Ace of Spades, two to Ace of Hearts, two to Ace of Clubs, and two to Ace of Diamo...
[1 reply] : There were some extended discussions about Card classes (including pri... (by gunnerfunner)
switch statement error

switch (choice) //error transfer of control { case 'G': { int key; cout << "What part number do you want information on?" << endl; cout << "...
[1 reply] : Use code-tags, explain what variables SIZE, database, etc are or, bett... (by gunnerfunner)
Data Structures

Hey people, i need some help to start an assignment. My first assignment was to program using my own Vector class that i have written. My program will load...
[1 reply] : I need some head start to do this. Sounds like a textbook, online ... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Temperature converter c++ program

Hello, i am new to c++ and was given a program to write. I am supposed to list all the temperatures between -100 and 235 and convert and list them from Celsius ...
[4 replies] Last: The program however is not supposed to use a user input. kick start... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
pointers not pointing correctly and comparison warnings

the following short program asks user to enter # of hospital rooms (between 1-5), and asks for number of flowers, which cannot be a negative number. Then, it ...
[4 replies] Last: also, i am not too concerned with validation Well beware then .... ... (by TheIdeasMan)
A strange little icon on top border of forms. Code::Blocks

This is really a strange one, after numerous installs on Linux, this is a first for me. Each application I create has this, on every form/frame when I run them...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks Peter. Mint related, great point, this icon doesn't display us... (by Steve02)
April 2017 Pages: 1... 1213141516
  Archived months: [mar2017] [may2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.