General C++ Programming - May 2017

arrays

Hello all, I have more arrays like A1 ,A2 ,A3 ,... . I want to call them one by one to sum their elements. How can I do this using a loop? Thanks
[4 replies] Last: Note: Nicolai M. Josuttis writes in his book The C++ Standard Library,... (by keskiverto)
by RezaAb
Linear interpolation in C++

Hi Guys, I am trying to linearly interpolate a 2D vector. I tried different methods offered by the people, but I could not find an appropriate answer. Her...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks, Jonnin. Lastchance's code solved my problem. (by RezaAb)
Check file properties for admin requirement

I am making a program that will open other programs, but some of them require administrator rights to open. I would like my program to be able to check if a fil...
[1 reply] : You can obtain the permissions with std::filesystem::file_status::per... (by mbozzi)
NEED MAJOR HELP WITH THIS ASSIGNMENT

You work for a stock brokerage firm and your manager would like your help in determining how much money is spent in commissions for all the brokers. Prepare a s...
[3 replies] Last: I have all my error messages working now I just need to put that in ... (by chicofeo)
NEED HELP WITH LOOP

i messed up somewhere along the lines of making this. I need the program to ask the user over and over agin when they give an invalid answer like anything other...
[1 reply] : Double post : http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/216858/ (by chicofeo)
equality operators

I am working on my programming and increasing gradually in complexity. Thanks in advance for your help. Please EXPLAIN don't give me the code or answer but.....
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much. (by drummer7771212)
I have some questions

1)Is it right? main() { int *a,*b; cin>>&a>>&b; } 2)How can we get a random number between -7 & 10? x=-7+rand()%18 3)Is it right??? struct phone{   ...
[8 replies] Last: int *a,*b; cin>> *a >> *b; cout << *a; This is NOT correct. Y... (by doug4)
Binary file I/O

I'm learning how to write data to binary file and how to read it. Here's a program. when I run it and choose option to display all departments it displays two ...
[2 replies] Last: It doesn't seem working. When I change cin >> choice; to cin >> choi... (by lmargaret)
by sed2
Can someone explain GetLogicalDrives?

I would like to do a program that copy to usb from pc. Here is the code: std::ifstream src("E:\\myprog.exe", std::ios::binary); ofstream dst("C:\\myprog.e...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you so much. (by sed2)
by TheSDM
Return size of array to main

Hello! I am currently learning c++, in my second week now, and I am stuck on a assignment. I have a vector in it's own function: int VaderStationer(int ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much. This is indeed what I was looking for, noticed al... (by TheSDM)
Is changing overloaded variables from functions safe?

Is changing overloaded variables from functions safe? By that, I mean something like this void function(int var) { var = 3+1 return var; } or for ...
[2 replies] Last: What do you mean by overloaded variable ? You can define the operato... (by Peter87)
Class Drived class

Why in the last 2 lines computers::getPrice() values are 500.7 (set by constructor) and not the price value 100.5 that I get from comp.getPrice()? #includ...
[3 replies] Last: Yes, you can, and you do. The thing is that each object has its own co... (by Peter87)
any_of not declared in this scope

Could anyone please shed some light on why 'any_of' would be throwing an error saying not declared in this scope? I've got my #include <algorithm> in there, a...
[5 replies] Last: Consider installing the latest version of Visual Studio Community , th... (by TheIdeasMan)
Sorting and linking words in any file

I have an assignment that consists of sorting 10 page of words alphabetically using bubble , selection , insertion , merge , and quick sort algorithms !!! and ...
[1 reply] : We can't do your homework for you. But someone can help if you have a... (by kbw)
by cw2636
Iterations

I am a little bit confused. I am a beginner, and I was trying to write a plinko game program that will print the slot path. I am stuck. I want the path to be so...
[1 reply] : Please explain. Please provide code :+) (by TheIdeasMan)
scanf with floats giving problems, alternatives?

#include "stdafx.h" float get_temp() { float temp_grid = { { 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 }, { 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 }, {...
[4 replies] Last: As I seem to being saying a lot these days: always check the value sc... (by TheIdeasMan)
Tic Tac Toe Program Errors

So I am trying to truck through a class using the book: "C++ Programming for the Absolute Beginner," by Mark Lee. What I find so frustrating is the fact that h...
[5 replies] Last: As it stands this is the code, when it runs it endlessly seems to pri... (by TheIdeasMan)
Building forms inside of executable or writing code

I am an absolute beginner trying to learn to code I have created an executable with a menu bar. I can not figure out how to create a second menu bar, add a form...
[3 replies] Last: I highly recommend not learning about GUI until you know the underlyin... (by jonnin)
Binary Search Tree Insert

First post of mine, feedback welcomed. I have made a BST class, and it works. The problem now is that I have a Record class with two float member variables....
[1 reply] : A BST should only key off one key, or it won't be sorted anymore. Y... (by jonnin)
Stack Linked List using classes instead of struct?

OK - So this doesn't work at all. I am out of time to figure out how to write this program where the class node and class list have to be used. But, for the sak...
[1 reply] : I'm still no expert in coding but the first error I see is that you pu... (by Mapler)
May 2017 Pages: 123... 14
  Archived months: [apr2017] [jun2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.