General C++ Programming - August 2014 (Page 25)

by zdshen
c++11 struct and pointer problem

Hello everyone, I am doing a textbook question, I dynamically allocated object pointer and want to pass input value into "* Tests",but the program stopped worki...
[5 replies] Last: how many score there are and how many student there are I think yo... (by AbstractionAnon)
C/C++ Chat

Hello guys , I have quite a good grasp of C and C++ (Java as well) but I've never had to deal with networking before. I know the very basic like : what is a c...
[3 replies] Last: In my experience the issues with writing networking programs in C\C++ ... (by Computergeek01)
Colition Detector?!!

Having trouble on the way to create a colition detector. I am creating a 2d tile map game that runs on sfml. Currently my player can walk through anything. I al...
[2 replies] Last: Great idea. This will work perfectly. (by lordseanington)
Spoj problem 2

http://www.spoj.com/problems/PRIME1/ http://ideone.com/JPHnqd but it says TLE.. help me out,..
[1 reply] : Please don't cross-post. http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/139... (by AbstractionAnon)
Funny C++ Thing,

Hey, I'm new to c++ and this forum, but I was messing around with c++ yesterday and I managed to create this program that will really annoy someone. Any ideas h...
[5 replies] Last: @ OP: You send mouse clicks with the SendInput() function from the Win... (by Computergeek01)
how to create a makefile with bin src and inc subdirectories?

Hi everyone, I'm just learning to use makefiles, i read a few tutorials but i have no idea of how to create a makefile with cpp files and the binary file in di...
[2 replies] Last: i corrected the cpp files, but, what about the other two points? i don... (by Twk Amz)
wxDev compiler

Am using wxDev compiler, I tried to use system ("pause") ; a code line I always use at the end of main () on an old c++Compiler to help pause the program after...
[3 replies] Last: - First you open the command prompt. This is done by pressing 'Windows... (by Computergeek01)
General Question

Hello everyone, I am a senior studying computer science. I have a minor in Applied Mathematics and I have a 2.8 GPA with one semester left. Besides creating ...
[1 reply] : Get a GitHub account and be at least semi-active on it. Even just writ... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Returning the node->info of a binary search tree

I am learning how to use a binary search tree. The code for the binary search tree is as follows: //Header File Binary Search Tree #ifndef BINARYTREE_H #d...
[no replies]
"Registering" types to be used at run-time

I'm writing a program that needs to parse executable files. I've got an "executable" base-class, and currently an "elf" class which inherits from it for parsing...
[11 replies] Last: @myesolar How can I be sure that the container is initialised before t... (by chrisname)
making a windowed program

I did a little game coding with my compiler, but it only runs on console, how do I make it a window application so it can be more fun to play?
[15 replies] Last: A double can't hold that long a number. http://stackoverflow.com/que... (by wildblue)
Problem with auto c++11 feature

Hi friends, Whilst trying auto feature, am hitting this following issue: My code: #include <iostream> #include <math.h> auto new_func(auto num){ ...
[7 replies] Last: haha ya tats true n easy tnx kbw, but I wanted to exclusively try some... (by sansoftaus)
parse a text file

Hello guys im trying to parse a text file that contains information and i cant seem to get started, does anyone have any good ideas? For example, the text fi...
[3 replies] Last: Call the cat home and raise: sed -n '/name=/{ s/\(idx=[0-9]\+\).*\(n... (by keskiverto)
by nmarsh
Circle

How do you code in c++ a circle with a dial for example like a music knob? And to adjust the size of the circle? Here is a link to show a rough example of what...
[1 reply] : What GUI library/framework are you using? (by MikeyBoy)
Object Oriented Design

I think I understand the spirit of OOP, but when it comes to the actual implentation, things get fuzzy... For example, I have a window class ui file that has...
[3 replies] Last: Composition describes one thing being made up of other things. And as... (by kbw)
Network streaming

So, I wanted to learn about data streams to/from a network... Providing I already have a server set up, where can I find an API and/or learning references for t...
[1 reply] : What do you want to send? There are different protocols for different... (by kbw)
What am I doing wrong?

I am want to set the arryay to 500 and calculate its average a and sum. What am I doing wrong please and thank you! #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> #...
[8 replies] Last: okay. (by IAandEEBLKFMA)
SOS Please I have 1 error I can't see it! :(

I want to make columns of N names and N scores. #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> #include <ctime> #include <cmath> using namespace std; int rand_0t...
[9 replies] Last: I added #include <cstdlib> got it now! Thanks a lot for time and expla... (by IAandEEBLKFMA)
August 2014 Pages: 1... 232425
  Archived months: [jul2014] [sep2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.