General C++ Programming - August 2014 (Page 23)

Output file

So basically I need to put in error checking and a ofstream function to get a txt file. I am a beginner here, could someone please help me out. Write, compile...
[no replies]
help please c++

how to find a lowest grade in programing using the c++. example: {65,89,100,76,80}. #include<iostream> using std::cout; using std::endl; int main() {...
[1 reply] : sum = lab should be sum+= lab . (by dhayden)
Tabbed pane demo

I want to create an application that requires tabs, like the jtabbedpane. What library would i use for this and if you could post sample code, that would be gr...
[no replies]
Stop python interpreter in C++

I'm embedding python in a C++ plug-in. The plug-in calls a python algorithm dozens of times during each session, each time sending the algorithm different data....
[5 replies] Last: [quote=Computergeek01]you're saying to make a clean exit right? Termi... (by chrisname)
Are Reference and Address same?

Are Reference and Address same or Different?
[10 replies] Last: Wao! thanks JL that helped a lot (by danicpp)
by jpat27
Game Programming Conventions/ Tutorial

Hi everyone, I have a fair bit of programming experience in Python as well as a little in Java, but I wanted to expand my knowledge into C++. I read the whol...
[1 reply] : I saw this game development site recommended on another thread here th... (by wildblue)
Amortization loop to find principal amount in mortgage

Hello, I am a new to C++ student, and for class we had to write a mortgage calculating program, however, he wants us to use the amortization equation in a loop...
[no replies]
by fafner
Good intermediate/advanced level C++ book

I've been using C++ primarily for years as a hobbyist and eventually a student, but over and over again I encounter situations where I feel like I should "kno...
[no replies]
Segmentation fault(core dumped) error

Hi, i'm busy with an assignment and am very new to c++ and to pointers. We are required to use pointers in this assignment as the method frameworks are given. M...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you that worked! Appreciate the help! (by robindevilliers)
by TRH123
When user inputs it doesn't show the function

#include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <fstream> #include <string> using namespace std; class Account { private: string accountType; ...
[1 reply] : $ gdb a.out > run //(frying processor) <C-c> > backtrace #0 Account:... (by ne555)
by bw119
Using Command line help

I am having an issue with the statement "Both the input and output files' names should be read from the command line." I don't understand what this means or wha...
[4 replies] Last: If you use Windows, press the windows+r keys, and type "cmd". Or selec... (by Chervil)
by Nezar
Help

Hello my friends, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but i really need some help. It's been a few months since i started to learn programmi...
[no replies]
by sambos
Extracting specific lines of text from a text file

Hi, I have posted a similar question before based on richTextBoxes and windows forms app:http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/windows/138373/ Some C++ users gav...
[6 replies] Last: One quick suggestion. I would use some sort of existing library to rea... (by Chervil)
Named Pipes

Ok so I have some code on named pipes. The client code and server code are both below. I ran/start the server program on computer B and the client program on co...
[6 replies] Last: I don't have a Windows networked environment to check any of this on. ... (by kbw)
my code gives wrong output

Today is my friend's birthday. I want to give a gift to my friend. So I am desperately searching for some gift here and there. Fortunately, I found an array ...
[no replies]
by aml14
Word Unscrambler

Hey guys. Im still a first yr programmer so go easy. For my final my teacher gave us this: Unscramble the following letters into a phrase using a standard en...
[6 replies] Last: @aml14 I did a google search, and here's the list of words I found, t... (by whitenite1)
(array) deletion from the end

Can you please help me, give me a simple example of deletion from the end here is the algorithm 1. If n=0 then array is underflow step 2. A (UB) <------- nu...
[2 replies] Last: You delete it by not using it. Allocate the array using the maximum po... (by joe7)
by younes
c++11

Hi My MacOS doesn't support c++11, What should I do to install it? Thanks
[2 replies] Last: Which versions of Mac OS X and XCode you are you running? If you're u... (by Lodger)
by jaystu
New ordering system sorting

Here's the objective of the program: "Instead of using ABCDEFGHIJ to order letters use DCBAJIHGF go order. The program should determine which 4-letter word is l...
[1 reply] : are you familiar with with strncmp function in c? I think you need to... (by SIK)
by manojg
passing std::vector as a const reference to std::sort problem

Hi, In my following code, I am passing a std::vector as a const reference to std::sort function but it shows compilation errors. It is only an example code. In...
[4 replies] Last: Ahh! I see, thanks a lot. (by manojg)
August 2014 Pages: 1... 2122232425
  Archived months: [jul2014] [sep2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.