General C++ Programming - February 2017 (Page 14)

How to use 2-dimentions arry in class

Hi everybody. I am trying to compile this code. But I have about 16 errors. This is the first time to use class in array. Can anybody help? #include <iostr...
[1 reply] : Lines 11-12: numRow, numCol are uninitialized variables (garbage). L... (by AbstractionAnon)
String Program Help **URGENT**

Hi I need help breaking up a string of numbers into an ascending order and deletes extraneous numbers. Ex. Input: 913457 Output should be: 9 13 45 (7 is...
[7 replies] Last: PanGalactic , I generally agree with you, but nobody ever said this w... (by dhayden)
How to order a map by copying its contents into a vector?

Below is my current code. It prints out all of the characters in the specified file but not in order. I have been looking online and have noticed that people su...
[4 replies] Last: What I am trying to do is to print a string taken from a file I have i... (by Jake123456)
Using getline to read file input and seperate string contents appropriately

Good morning, everyone. As part of an assignment, I am tasked with using the header file <cstring> and the cin member function, getline, to extract file input a...
[8 replies] Last: Well good luck with that but it seems it's your instructor who doesn't... (by gunnerfunner)
Read matrix from file -> eof() or not?

I'm reading a Matrix from a file. The file looks like this TMMMTTT MMMMTMM TTMTTMT TMMTMMM TTTTTTM TTTTTTM And my code looks like this ...
[7 replies] Last: The way to handle this depends on whether you need to detect the error... (by dhayden)
Does each microcontroller line have its own programming language/syntax?

I've programmed the Arduino and have started programming the Teensy. They are similar to C but there are slight nuances in the programming language. For instan...
[2 replies] Last: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs.html (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Cursor Movement in Console

How can I move cursor w.r.t to characters e.g if I have : abcdefgh_ if i move cursor towards left or rigth it also give the value of that character a...
[3 replies] Last: Console Functions in WinApi https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/w... (by Thomas1965)
Conditional Compilation

Hi all, I was trying something like this: int main(int argc, char** argv) { uint numQueens = 8; if(argc > 1) { numQueens = atoi(argv ); if(argc > 2) { ...
[17 replies] Last: Visualising components in the debugger is all about the debugger being... (by JLBorges)
by Revert
Displaying graph equations

Hi everyone, I'm creating a program where I have to display the equations y=mx+b and x=a and display whether the line is horizontal, vertical, increasing, or de...
[4 replies] Last: Please use code tags. http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/jEywvCM9/ ... (by integralfx)
[[noreturn]] is reasonable?

[ ] reference at(size_type) { // subscript mutable sequence with checking _Xran(); } visual studio 2015: std::array template the code snippet is rea...
[1 reply] : Considering that code is for a partial specialization with 0 elements,... (by cire)
NAMESPACE program is not executing

as i typed same program but i am getting declaration syntax error. and i'm using ms dos compiler for this
[1 reply] : ms dos predates namespaces. Dos died about 1994 or so. Namespaces a... (by jonnin)
How to Use command line prompts in c++?

This assignment involves writing a C++ program to identify and count lines, words, and characters. For the purpose of this assignment, we define a “word” as...
[1 reply] : std::ifstream input(argv ); (by ne555)
by evdo
how i create alphanumeric table?

how i create a table with alphanumeric data? like a =one? i type this void main(){ const char a ={"one","two","three","four","five","six","seven","ei...
[4 replies] Last: thanks guys..you are really helpfull..!! @whitenite1 you are right, my... (by evdo)
While loop

I want to my while loop execute more than one line of code inside it, and I have problem. In case while is true, it just executes the first outcome or sentence ...
[5 replies] Last: That code doesn't compile. Function main() looks like this: int main(... (by Chervil)
by VTBear
C++ error assistance, please assist

C++ Error, please help. My brain is just a little fried, I wrote this in the last 10 hours. I'm receiving the following errors at the end of my cpp. I know the...
[1 reply] : The error message says it all. You realise you haven't got either of ... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
noexcept

noexcept can be used to any function, even any expression? void fun(){} void gun() noexcept(fun) {}
[1 reply] : Yes, but there are two seperate uses of the keyword; a) to specify whe... (by edge6768)
What are applications where quick sort use?

When I have gone through the different sorting algorithm available, I found that quick sort is best in average case. But what are commercial application wher...
[1 reply] : all over the place. Databases might use it if you pull the data out ... (by jonnin)
by VTBear
C++ Bank account

Receiving error, 24 72 C:\Users\adam.brunell\Documents\Classes\C++\Week4\testdriver.cpp no matching function for call to 'HighInterestSavings::HighInterestSav...
[5 replies] Last: Assuming you are writing your program to make it work with the "testdr... (by Bdanielz)
regsetvalueEx write me the key in chinnese

Hi i'm creating regedit rule using qt using the follow code, this code work with codeblocks but not with qt: string subclave="Hello"; string valor="Anyone"; LP...
[1 reply] : Just a guess. Maybe try to use a const wchar_t* for your "valor" vari... (by Bdanielz)
files using getline

so let say i have a struct and array i need use getline for example text file 1 student 0 bob F 1 mike B 2 sandy C text file 2 gpa file 2 math 2 1 his...
[5 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <iomanip> #include <... (by Chervil)
February 2017 Pages: 1... 1213141516
  Archived months: [jan2017] [mar2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.