General C++ Programming - February 2017 (Page 2)

Analyze Picture

Hello everyone. Can you suggest me some documentatios to learn about analyze picture in C++? I want to wirte a program comparing shape of something in the pictu...
[2 replies] Last: Zernike moments will compare size invariant, rotational invariant, and... (by jonnin)
Create Dynamic Arrays for Matrices named after loop iterator

**Hii everyone. I have learnt a program to create number of arrays according to the user input. But now I want the situation for creating arrays for matri...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <vector> int main() { std::size_t n... (by JLBorges)
Encrypting message

Hello, I don't know why my code is not working, could anybody help? I am taking a message from the user and encrypting it. The shift offset is +5, and I have to...
[4 replies] Last: line 31 should be index = j + 5; (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Reading multiple file

I created a program to read a single file and output. Everything is working as intended(read and output), now, I've been trying to open 2 or more of these files...
[1 reply] : If you can set the files' names yourself then give them sequential nam... (by gunnerfunner)
Proper use of this->pointer?

Below I have two functions that expand the length of a pointer to pointer array that I created in a class. Both functions are identical except the use of the th...
[8 replies] Last: The pre-C++17 edge case with directly constructed unique pointers was ... (by JLBorges)
Encapsulation

Hello People, I have a class, let's say: class MyClass { public: MyClass(); // constructor that initializes MyClass private: std::array<double, aNum...
[6 replies] Last: Great! Thank you very much JLBorges! (by dariodem)
by yexuan
I dont know how to implement those coding in this question , anyone can help?

In this question, you need to develop a word counting application. It will read any given text file and do the following:- a)Count the total number of words...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks bro , i get it already :D You are awesome :) (by yexuan)
Orwell DevC++ Graphic mode

how do i set display modes as the code right here seems to give me an error 95 37 C:\Users\JonnySarhanis\Documents\devC++\elbimbo.cpp 'VGA_LIGHTGREEN' was not...
[no replies]
New Program would like some help or suggestions

/* Program Topic:The program should display a menu allowing the user to select an addition, subtraction, multiplication, or division problem. The final selectio...
[1 reply] : # include <iostream> # include <string> using namespace std; struct g... (by vp2020)
kindly explain

# include <iostream.h> # include <conio.h> class distance { int feet,inches; public : void distance_assign(int f, int i) { feet = f; inches = i; } vo...
[7 replies] Last: Hi integralfx Thanks for your valuable help... (by r 4 raja)
Compound Interest

Earl and Larry each begin full-time jobs in January 2015 and plan to retire in January 2063 after working for 48 years. Assume that any money they deposit int...
[2 replies] Last: Assume that any money they deposit into IRAs earns 4% interest com... (by integralfx)
by MAK001
How to hide the pop up dialog box in fltk

I am using this to create a pop-up that takes in users name: void Controller::cli(){ int cmd = -1; while (cmd != 0) { string answer; string men...
[no replies]
Linked Lists

You will be linking a series of nodes together to implement a single linked list class. Define a Node as a struct that holds a character (like they did in the b...
[1 reply] : Best and quickest way to get help is to have a go yourself, submit you... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Unable to get size of vector / store data from struct vector into textfile

I managed to read data from the textfile that uses `:` as a delimter. I'm able to get the data from the text file, store into the struct and vector and obtain t...
[1 reply] : I am not sure where the problem is since you didn't show us the whole ... (by Thomas1965)
[Error] While iterating through vector

Hello, I have a weird bug i don't know how to solve it. I have : int i = 0; int id = 0; for (int y = 0; y < (int)m_size.y; y++) { for (int x =...
[2 replies] Last: Not really, i tryied with a 'real' int for the size but still not work... (by Jackain)
program.exe has stopped working in code::block

I wrote a small program in c++, and it doesn't have any error on compile time but when I run the program, I'm facing with an error.Please help me to solve it...
[no replies]
ld returned 1 exit status when moving function from one .cpp to another

Hello ! I am working on a project and I try to organize it in a different way. I mean, before, I put everything into classes and then it was okay, I understoo...
[19 replies] Last: It's unsatisfactory to reorganise things and hope that the problem goe... (by Chervil)
Base class function is executed despite of overriding

class Dog { public: void bark() { cout << "A generic dog has spoken" << endl; } void seeCat() { bark(); } }; class G...
[3 replies] Last: Tip: Use the override specifier when the intent is to override a vir... (by JLBorges)
by arbwok
C++11 on mac

Hello I would like to know if there's anything I can download on my Mac for c++11, so I would not have to type g++ -std=c++11 -Wall -Wextra -Werror test.cpp -o...
[10 replies] Last: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39091173/how-to-enable-c17-on-mac ... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Difficulties upon reading binary file

Hi all! The file below, compiles well but does not work.The binary file, records.bin is there. With a cat I saw it. The trasfered file in memory, is there , but...
[3 replies] Last: I'm not familiar with that book by Alex Allain, though assume his code... (by Chervil)
February 2017 Pages: 1234... 16
  Archived months: [jan2017] [mar2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.