General C++ Programming - February 2018 (Page 5)

getting headache with char datatype

hi, i read every online material related to char, unsigned char and signed char but was unable to take out the conclusion. can somebody illustrate with exampl...
[2 replies] Last: The first thing is to get the word "char" out of your head. This is ... (by jonnin)
MANIPULATE A C-STRINGS AS AN ARRAY OF CHARACTERS

Hi guys please help me on this to problem 1.Write a program using the cin.get() and toupper() library functions, along with a cout stream object to display e...
[2 replies] Last: since you should be learning strings, Ill give you some key tips for c... (by jonnin)
Class values not being rememberd?

Hi All, Sorry for the vague description but i wouldn't know how else to describe it. I'll try explaining my problem right now. I have a class defined, somewh...
[8 replies] Last: Oh, look at this mess. Your class testy. It contains an object of typ... (by Repeater)
by sephi
Writing in files

I would like to write in files like using Fortran language. I mean, in c++, there are no natural spaces between variables when you write them into a file. And w...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you!! Problem solved! (by sephi)
Program won't compile on my computer but will on others

I have a program that is giving me getline errors on certain lines but not all. It also is giving me one or two other errors as well. I have posted my code and ...
[8 replies] Last: dev-cpp is good for small program and isn't supported anymore Of co... (by Thomas1965)
someone pls help me this is my final assignment and i dont know how to do it PLS PLS

Write a C++ program that displays a calculation menu as shown below: Calculation Menu 1. Multiplication Table 2. Prime Number 3. Sort Numbers ...
[12 replies] Last: Why are you even taking this class? I remember last semester where you... (by fiji885)
by stav
Forward declaring class: incomplete type

Hi I have the following code: MySceneManager.hpp #pragma once #include "my.hpp" #include "MyScene.hpp" class MySceneManager { private: ...
[1 reply] : A forward declaration will only allow you to have pointers and referen... (by Peter87)
Flipping cards

Greetings,fellow members! I need help with my school project. My teacher don't understand this matter very well. So my problem is the card I used always go upw...
[3 replies] Last: Update - Just noticed there are double lines. Solved. (by edmundrw)
Doubt in a program

Question - To write a program using functions to check if a inputted number is prime or not, exit function must be used. Please explain step by step with exam...
[2 replies] Last: Some Google search... https://www.programiz.com/cpp-programming/examp... (by chicofeo)
I'm stuck

p
[13 replies] Last: p (by imafailure)
chain of function calls and temporary variables with destructors

I am trying to create something like unique pointer for Arduino. Here is a simple example: #include <iostream> template<typename T> class Pointer { T *po...
[4 replies] Last: This problematic code int *p = getPointer().get(); // note: no dere... (by mbozzi)
by KB93
Initializing Stack Constructor

Hello everyone, What I am trying to accomplish is initializing a stack constructor, setting the initial state for a "Towers of Hanoi" problem. So far I have th...
[no replies]
My Connect4 class wont print out the board. Help?

****main**** #include "Connect4.hpp" int main() { Connect4 player1; player1.DrawBoard(); return 0; } ****class**** #include <io...
[2 replies] Last: Wow, such a simple mistake. Thank you so much! (by joshgarza)
Complex Number Addition Function!

Hi everyone, i have 2 different complex number at my class. i want to be collection subtraction multiplication and division. you know. my code is right there! ...
[1 reply] : To add or subtract two complex numbers, just add or subtract the corr... (by keskiverto)
by PitKid
Passing Struct Arrays to Sort

Alright, so I'm going to be pretty straightforward about this, 1. I'm very new to using these forums and I have never posted before but I have used them to look...
[1 reply] : You can sort any unsorted container using std::sort. https://wandbox... (by elohssa)
by hlbx
static library not working on all computers

Hi, I am creating a static library for my c++ project on linux mac and windows. (for now I have the static lib for linux only). My question is: how can I...
[1 reply] : AVX is a feature of the CPU, not the operating system (just to be clea... (by NoXzema)
Regular Expressions in C++

Hello All, I have recently been experimenting with Regular Expressions in C++ (Regex). Fortunately, I have worked with Regex before, but to my suprise, none of ...
[2 replies] Last: Worth mentioning that your input statement looks like some markup lang... (by mbozzi)
by WildB
Need help making a flag that is design by user inputs, while using mainly array for it

Directions : Write a program that will allow a user to create a flag of characters. The flag should be stored as a 2-dimensional array of characters. Your arra...
[no replies]
Getting specific information from a string

Hey guys, I need help with some idea that I can get specific information from a string. For example, I got a txt file contents strings like this: {id:12345...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <sstream> #include <string> #include <ve... (by lastchance)
Get list of connecting lines/arcs

Hello Experts, I am having some line segments & arcs connected, my bottom line is fixed(as L1) now with respect to this I have to create list in order of mat...
[1 reply] : If you have the endpoints, what are you asking? Do you know the slop... (by jonnin)
February 2018 Pages: 1... 34567... 11
  Archived months: [jan2018] [mar2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.