General C++ Programming - January 2016 (Page 2)

HOW TO READ AND DISPLAY A SPECIFIC STRING FROM TEXT FILE AND DISPLAY TO SCREEN.

i would like this code to search through the textfile for data a user will specify at runtime. Then display to screen whether the string was found from the text...
[1 reply] : Hi, Please use code tags: http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/z13hAqk... (by TheIdeasMan)
string problem

#include<iostream> #include<string> using namespace std; int main() { string s; cin>>s; int l=s.length(); int count=0; for(int i=0;i<l;i+3) ...
[2 replies] Last: Your for loop is wrong. for(int i=0;i<l;i+3) I guess you want to in... (by Thomas1965)
Is there significantly more overhead repeatedly launching a thread than just having one running constantly?

I'm not looking for high performance as I am managing lots of TCP socket connections and not a UDP thing, however I don't want to make any clearly bad practice ...
[9 replies] Last: I forgot just how fun you guys were. (by devonrevenge)
Matrix generator for a specific determinant

I tried to generate a matrix with the code below. It works, but it has some isues. One of them is that for a matrix NxN, the code generates random elements, but...
[10 replies] Last: Yeah, not a good idea... I really need det(M)=1 or -1. If you still w... (by closed account zv05oG1T)
Getline function error

Maybe it's just me but for some reason when input the size of the string array I can really only input the size I inputted - 1. For instance, If i make my strin...
[2 replies] Last: Holy crap I never even knew that. Dang you got some good knowledge and... (by rabster)
Char to int (MinGW)

I don't know if it matters but I'm using MinGW compiler. I have created a GUI program using Win32 API and have come very far. What I just need to know to be abl...
[18 replies] Last: Solved! Guys the problem was sooooooooo simple and I wasted hours. The... (by TheSocket)
How to do this?

I have to solve the following problem in C++ and I have no idea how to do this... "A parent process sends an array of numbers to another process (son). The s...
[1 reply] : What are you having a problem with, the GUI or the prime numbers? For ... (by pnoid)
Divide operand

To anyone who may know how to help; I have a line of c++ code that was giving me a wrong answer when it ran, it gave an answer of 0. The code as written was...
[2 replies] Last: I think I understand now and where else I may have issues... thanks (by benkitt)
Images in graphics.h

I am trying to display an image and it seems that readimagefile doesn't work... I am not sure why. Could you give an example of a c++ code example in which read...
[5 replies] Last: What IDE and compiler are you using OP? (by Computergeek01)
so, is there an easier way to create maps for say, a pac-man clone than hard coding rectangles?

Im not even asking for pseudo code or anything, just a concept. I thought pac man would be a good project because it is simple (even the AI i have an idea for, ...
[3 replies] Last: there are other objects, such as the dots and the sprites themselves.... (by helios)
Movement of Knight in Chess!

Hi everyone, So in chess, the knight moves in a very special way: either: two squares forward and one to the side or : one square forward and two to the side...
[11 replies] Last: Yes, apologies, I studied English long time ago in the US.... ☺ I di... (by AmmmG 01)
Writing object into binary file

I have an object declared as such: #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <string> using namespace std; class NodeType { private: int v...
[10 replies] Last: Either approach could be made to work but writing only the attributes ... (by Computergeek01)
Possible movement of Knight in Chess.

I have to do a program where the user is asked to enter the 2D position of the Knight on the Chess board and then the program is asked to show all the possible...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> constexpr int N = 8 ; // board size using board_... (by JLBorges)
Opinions on coding of Parallelism in C++

Hey All I'm working on some exciting new Parallelism tooling for C++ with the University of St Andrews in Scotland. We gave a presentation on this at the Edin...
[2 replies] Last: In the tool we're creating we are building upon and extending these me... (by craigmanson)
by lilaii
Shared memory with services

Hi, I have two applications, one 32 bits and one 64 bits talking through a dll which I made in 32 and 64 bits and use shared memory. It communicates perfectly...
[no replies]
Quick Dirty Command Line Parser Isn't working

Hi, I made a quick command line but not sure why it's not working? It seems the for loop is wrong. The code results in this. $ ./AlphaToolbox --makegame...
[1 reply] : The first argument (0) is always the executable (and path). So start t... (by coder777)
! File handling in C++ !

Please tell me what this line do-> while (f1.read((char*) this ,sizeof(park))); Please tell what's the use of WHILE and THIS in this statement....
[1 reply] : this : http://www.learncpp.com/cpp-tutorial/8-8-the-hidden-this-poin... (by coder777)
Why to write int(in_time.ti_hour) ?

cout<<"Park-in time: "<<int(in_time.ti_hour)<<":"<<int(in_time.ti_min)<<":"<<int(in_time.ti_sec); Why I have to write int(in_tie.ti_hour) can't I just wr...
[2 replies] Last: Is ti_hour a char type ( char , unsigned char or signed char )? The... (by Peter87)
Pointer can become array ?

Example if i write int* a; a =5;can ?
[2 replies] Last: You can use array syntax with pointers. a is the same as *(a + 1... (by Peter87)
Help!! Debugging issue

Can I get a set of fresh eye on this bit of code... the getline function is not letting me do the user input for the search. do I have it set up wrong? Pleas...
[2 replies] Last: You just need to include a line before the getline function is called ... (by Stalker)
January 2016 Pages: 1234... 18
  Archived months: [dec2015] [feb2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.