General C++ Programming - July 2017 (Page 6)

directory vague to me

Please help with a very basic question. More often than not when I am setting up the properties of a C++/opengl project the "directions" or "cookbook" asks to (...
[4 replies] Last: libraries are usually compiled code that is pulled into an executable ... (by jonnin)
where do remainder header files go (static build)

I've been learning a lot lately about IDE's, their options or lack thereof, and have some specific questions concerning my Eclipse setup and what to do with som...
[3 replies] Last: Where can I add #include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> #include<iostre... (by technologist)
by Elize
clarification on "proper" way to handle information hiding

I have a class whose purpose is to store a lot of data for access by other classes. This data is stored in arrays and never altered. However, its constructor fu...
[13 replies] Last: A named class declared at namespace scope has external linkage unless ... (by JLBorges)
by TheArk
loops

Any idea why the while loop exits the program rather then continue on to the coomand after it is finished ? //Kennith //06/30/2017 //Fuel Cost calculate...
[2 replies] Last: any idea why the while loop exits the program rather then continue on... (by AbstractionAnon)
SelfType in Macro.

some days ago, I write a macro that needs '(*this)' type. #include <iostream> #include <type_traits> #define GenerateSelfType() using SelfType = std::remo...
[4 replies] Last: I want to get the current type of the current specific type in a macro... (by Wu zhen hai)
How do I run code in the terminal on a MacBook?

This is probably a dumb question but I am new to Mac and I'm trying to figure out how to run a .cpp file in the terminal window to check for user input in my co...
[1 reply] : You can compile a file named 'foo.cpp' in the current directory into a... (by mbozzi)
How to find if a template argument has a nested structure?

Hi, Given a template: template<typename MetaFn, typename ...Args> struct is_metafunction_class : ?? {}; I want to find if MetaFn has a nested apply struc...
[11 replies] Last: My apologies JLBorges - it wasn't clear to me. I will take a deep look... (by JUAN DENT)
c++ maps doesnt work

for(auto it = x.end();it != x.begin();it++) { if(location >= 4){ if((it->first) + D[k-(next(it,1))->second] > (next(it,1))->first +D[k-...
[3 replies] Last: NetBeans and C++11 support question - NetBeans Forum https://forums.ne... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
by TheArk
loops

Okay I'm back. I am writing a program on averaging test scores of students. I am trying to use loops to input all of my data, however I am stuck on what that da...
[5 replies] Last: One way to do it: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int mai... (by Thomas1965)
by TheArk
loops

Okay I'm back. I am writing a program on averaging test scores of students. I am trying to use loops to input all of my data, however I am stuck on what that da...
[no replies]
by TheArk
loops

[no replies]
To prevent access to null pointer method

#include <exception> #include <iostream> class A { public: void show() { if (this == nullptr) throw std::exception();//current_line } }; i...
[8 replies] Last: ok, 'optimized as dead code' is an important reason! (by Wu zhen hai)
July 2017 Pages: 1... 456
  Archived months: [jun2017] [aug2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.