General C++ Programming - June 2015 (Page 5)

Function Template Headers Causing Error

How come when I try to compile this with G++ it fails: #include <iostream> template <typename T> inline const& T printSomething(T a) { std::cout <...
[4 replies] Last: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! It's all becoming clear now, Ganado. Thank you. That ... (by Aaron Vienneau)
Special Characters C++

Hi all, I have a problem with some special characters. When I go across the lines with the debug tool, I see the variable caminho (a std::string) with the expe...
[1 reply] : 1. Always check that your calls succeed. If [FindFirstFile()] fails o... (by helios)
typedef struct

WHY THE EFF, this day in age, on a project that is purely C++ with no chance of needing any sort of compatibility with a C compiler, does someone feel the need ...
[1 reply] : You can move your threads between categories. Maybe C background and ... (by MiiNiPaa)
by homing
std::function does weird things

Hey, is there any problem with inheritance and std::function? because adding std::function to a my child class corrupts my code. I have no idea how,where and w...
[4 replies] Last: ok there was no problem with std::function, a clean did the job, and n... (by homing)
Help regarding file handling. (email header analyzer program)

I'm doing a c++ program to display email header from a file "input.txt" where header is stored.I want to show From, To, Date and Subject. I searched on google a...
[1 reply] : why they have taken string array Looks line no reason at all. Maybe ... (by MiiNiPaa)
by hoolD
Arrow keys (basic)

Can somebody please explain me (from scratch) how to use arrow keys in c++? I'm using visual studio and windows 8.1
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/windows/14201/ (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Calling C from C++.

Hey guys, I'm working on a project where I need to combine both languages; I've never done "real" C. In short, there is one module in C that performs a singl...
[4 replies] Last: The usual solution for that is #ifdef __cplusplus #define EXTERN_C e... (by helios)
How to compile in Linux for Windows

Hi! :) I just moved on linux few days ago and I want to compile something for Windows. I wrote the code in Code::Blocks thinking that it will compile it as an e...
[9 replies] Last: It is not recommended to do optimizations during development, but when... (by poteto)
Strange outputs using vectors!

Does anyone know why this code is yielding the strange numbers in the Program Output that I never input?? Let me apologize beforehand for the poor formatting of...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you MiiNiPaa ; I am sorry I did not see your first post before ... (by geeloso)
Asynchronous RESTful service

Hi All, Having just released an open source (GPL) project to bring asynchronous RESTful services to C++11. I'd appreciate any feedback on coding styles, arc...
[no replies]
lvalue and rvalue

I'm starting to take a look at the C++ 11 feature lvalue and rvalue differences and move sematics. I understand that an rvalue is a value that does not have ...
[7 replies] Last: [quote=iKjetil]So the rules that rvalues cannot be taked address of is... (by Cubbi)
SFML - Intersects

Hi, I have a problem with intersects , skip the following error: error: 'class sf::RectangleShape' has no member named 'intersects'| Code: sf::R...
[1 reply] : sf::RectangleShape doesn't have a member named 'intersects'. sf::Rect ... (by helios)
by frisk
how get a stream value

Hello! I hope you can help me I'm creating severus program in c++ (usgin dev). I need help for 2 things: 1) i need get a stream from prompt. EX: Delay...
[11 replies] Last: So i'm not getting wrong when i feel dumb. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... (by frisk)
Did I do this right?

#include <iostream> #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> using namespace std; void Encryption() { cout << "\nWhat is the location of the file you wou...
[8 replies] Last: What inputs do you use? (by kbw)
Listing Files

Hi all, I am doing a program to list all the files in a folder. I wrote all the code, but when I tried to compile, I got several errors. With a quick search...
[8 replies] Last: Andy, I created a new project as you said. It´s working now! First ... (by neljunior000)
by ryx
How to support C++ in a new OS

I want to get C++ support in my new operating system. But I do not have much idea how to achieve it. Could someone give me some guidance? What functionality ...
[5 replies] Last: I don't know exactly which library is used by gcc, https://gcc.gnu.o... (by MiiNiPaa)
Problems with vector of classes

Hi everyone, I'm trying to make a system that manage schools (with students, classes, teachers, ect). I'm having problems trying to create a vector of school cl...
[12 replies] Last: #pragma once (or the older-style include guards) solve a specific pr... (by MikeyBoy)
Reading data is not same as text file data after using Fread()

i trying to read the text file data using fread(),but the reading data is not same as the text file data. text file data: 0 0.23 1.276 5.387 . . . ...
[3 replies] Last: you are 1) writing everything in first array element 2) writing float... (by MiiNiPaa)
How do I read text. file and put each word.

struct SSD { string word; int counting = 0; }; I have this node so if i have about paragraph how do I read the test and put into string word? So,...
[1 reply] : Ye le guru code... Aur run kar de.. Khataek ..... (Translation: Take... (by HabibAurangabad)
Read from a text file with both variables and strings

Hello yall, I am trying to do an assignment where I created an input file to be read then outputted with information read in to be sorted into three columns....
[1 reply] : When you use >> to read the double value, it doesn't remove the newlin... (by Zhuge)
June 2015 Pages: 1... 34567... 16
  Archived months: [may2015] [jul2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.