General C++ Programming - June 2015

Why is this number in my array?

#include <iostream> // Self explainatory prototypes void loadDeck(unsigned short card , const unsigned int DECKSIZE); void dispDeck(unsigned short card ...
[4 replies] Last: Ooooh, awesome. Thanks a ton! (by MJGilbert)
Pathfinder

Hello, I've been working on some project. I would like to create a simple pathfinder. I use binary tile map. Diagonal movements aren't allowed, step cost is alw...
[4 replies] Last: Edit: OK. I fixed it. It works great now. Thanks a lot. Here is full ... (by rotatingproton)
entry point not found

I've made a project with codeblocks using MinGW 5.1.0 and everything compiles fine and without errors or warnings and it runs fine when I run it from within cod...
[3 replies] Last: It appears to be working now, but I don't know why. Might be because I... (by shadowmouse)
Base and derived classes and more

I can't understand these sentences completely. Could anyone explain thses to me please? A base can be private, protected, or public. - If a base of class D...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you all very much. (by closed account G1vDizwU)
In CodeBlocks,how do I run a certain program if multiple project files are open?

When i have multiples files (not project files) opened in the view window,if i click on a file and open it and then if i click run, that program builds and runs...
[2 replies] Last: Wow!Didn't see that. Thanks a lot :-) (by zan nabil)
Using Floor and Ceil in a do while loop and for loop

I need help writing this program can any one help. This what was given as an example. I got the for loop going but i'm not sure about the function floor and ...
[1 reply] : Welcome to the forum. Please edit your post and use the code format t... (by kbw)
Make array of ints from numbers in txt file.

I have a text file like this: 1, 3, 6, 6, 5, 1, 6, 8, 4, 6, 6, 7 I wanted C++ to read the file and put the numbers into an array of integers. The amount of n...
[1 reply] : Scan for the number of commas, add 1, create an array that big, read i... (by closed account NUj6URfi)
Class initializer problem

Hello Everybody . I'm new to the C++ community and environment too. Anyway , I was trying to code a tiny portion of a RPG game in console and the problem come...
[2 replies] Last: Yeah, I use Codeblock and main.cpp , Character.cpp and Character.h are... (by jj09786)
Reverse Root Timus

I'm solving a problem that I've almost completed but I'm stuck with two errors where my knowledge of C++ is limiting me from debugging the code. So far I have....
[5 replies] Last: Thank you very much! I need to look over my data declarations. (by BarelyOtaku)
Displaying certain characters

Hey so, I wanted to display and intro for one of my programs, but it my compiler isn't displaying it how I want it to. I want something like this: _...
[5 replies] Last: Try this #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { ... (by Chriscpp)
program c++

In the sugar town of friendly north, a cane harvesting festival is held every 6th year.These celebrations began in the year 1980. Given a future period- defined...
[8 replies] Last: [quote=MikeyBoy]Or are you spamming for private tutorial work? @Mikey... (by Tresky)
Tile Maps: Teleportation/Doors

Hi guys I've done a few Posts here and now I have another question ^^ So: I'm saving my .map files in the asset/maps/ Folder. The .map file contains a lot...
[3 replies] Last: Your map file will need to become more sophisticated. I think the sa... (by HalfNOoB)
If I don't want my object copyable...

All I have to do is declare the overloaded assignment operator, and copy constructor, as private, correct? There are NO other ways in which my object could be c...
[2 replies] Last: By default, a class has 5 operations: copy assignment copy construct... (by JLBorges)
by Durpo
Reading from file - Using While Loop

I am having trouble with the following code. I need it to end when it reaches -1 however it reads that row and then ends. Does it have something to do with my s...
[3 replies] Last: Glad to hear you fixed it. In the future, please refrain from posting ... (by Tresky)
by ataik
running c++ console application without Visual Studio

Hello, i wrote a c++ console application for a person but i need to send him an application for working independent of Visual Studio. How can i do this? T...
[2 replies] Last: You should make sure you send the release build. You might also want ... (by andywestken)
Template Problems

For an assignment I have to write some code in only a header file to get practice with templates. Although I think I was able to get most of the coding correct ...
[9 replies] Last: thank you! (by jeetu410)
by Wynn
Dynamic Memory Issue

So i've just gotten around to researching dynamic memory allocation and it could be that its 4am but im confused. http://pastebin.com/gC7hQeuF In the func...
[2 replies] Last: Yep i should get some sleep :D. Thank you. (by Wynn)
Continuous vs Random Storage

What is the difference between these two? I'm trying to look up for it online but there are no clear definitions
[1 reply] : Do you mean sequential vs random access? A sequential device can only... (by helios)
memory acses violation

i'm new to pointer in c++ , can someone help me solve this class student{ public: int id; student(int id){ this->id= id; } void somefunction(student* stud,int...
[3 replies] Last: No you haven't, that doesn't change the value of jacob . (by kbw)
OS Coding help

I'm Developing an OS. I know it very hard to write a OS and takes a lot of work but I would like to develop my very own OS. How do I write a code that can run a...
[1 reply] : you need to implement a way to parse executable files like elf or coff... (by heepoo)
June 2015 Pages: 123... 16
  Archived months: [may2015] [jul2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.