General C++ Programming - June 2018 (Page 5)

HELP for programming c++ (EXPECTED ; BEFORE STRING CONSTANT)

I'm working on a school activity and i need some help. I'm programming with vectors and i have a mistake, but i don't know why. This is it: (1)#include <io...
[4 replies] Last: @lehti: the poor formatting of the post got you. The semicolon is wher... (by keskiverto)
by stav
Filestreams and best practice when reading

Hi im making a program that decodes a special fileformat and basically what i need to do is: 1. Read every byte starting from a specific offset 2. Do some pro...
[3 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/238178/ Look at this and maybe... (by closed account D2y5SL3A)
by jaituk
HELP PLEASE

The problem I have is with the delete . If I just eliminate it from the function, it works. But when I run the code with the delete , the program runs but then ...
[6 replies] Last: fill_n (&cifrada, (int of the size of cifrada), '\0'); I think. check ... (by closed account D2y5SL3A)
by Amy313
Help please!!!

#include<iostream> #include<fstream> #include<vector> #include<string> #include<iomanip> using namespace std; class Course { private: long Cours...
[3 replies] Last: well, as the error said, the class Student has no member named cName, ... (by Flaze07)
How to execute a apk file on android phone with C/C++ code?

Hi everyone, I am using a application has name Mobile C to code C/C++ on my Android phone. And I have a idea, I'll install all of APK files which placed in a fo...
[5 replies] Last: what he meant is e.g he has a few apk in a folder : "gta.apk" "minecra... (by Flaze07)
by aatwo
Help with function parameter syntax

Hey guys. Sorry if this is trivial but I came across some function parameter syntax that I've not seen before and was wondering if someone could explain it to m...
[2 replies] Last: Ah stupid me, of course it is. Thanks for the reply. It's been so long... (by aatwo)
competitive finding inversion count

i have implemented merge sort via: #include<bits/stdc++.h> using namespace std; int merge(int *a,int low,int high,int mid) { int i,j,k,temp[high-low+1]...
[4 replies] Last: I may have misinterpreted what you were saying somewhere along the lin... (by karmaakabane)
by YikUTM
Detect image validity with C++?

I am trying to do a c++ program that detects a validity of an image. Let say there is a square. If the 'X' is inside the square, means the image is valid. If t...
[6 replies] Last: Is machine learning even relevant for this? It's not like you have a c... (by helios)
by colt
Visual artifacts with Pthread and multithreading ray-tracing

Hello to all. I have been porting my single threaded Ray-Tracer (graphics rendering algorithm) to a MT version (2 threads). First I decided to do the most o...
[no replies]
Storing very large integers

Hi there, I've a question regarding large numbers(integers) and how to store them in a user-defined class. I need a program that will be able to store as man...
[2 replies] Last: You only mention "storing" them. If that's all you need to do, then ju... (by tpb)
unable to analyse a line of code in c++

what is the use of this code? cin.ignore(numeric_limits<streamsize>::max(), '\n');
[1 reply] : Oh, wait, maybe you are an idiot. Why would you post this question twi... (by tpb)
Competitive progrsmming

vector<vector<ll>> T(k+1,vector<ll>(k+1)); what does the above statement do? what does vector<ll>(k+1) signifies in above declaration
[6 replies] Last: Lets try: #include <iostream> #include <vector> #include <string> in... (by keskiverto)
Using Single text file vs Many text files to store data

I am making a Search Engine, which requires Inverted Indexing. Basically it takes a document, separates all the words into array( i wont go into detail, thats a...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for your answers. I dont know much about using SQL. What i am m... (by stalha97)
non-const default char* argument

Greetings, i'm making a function with an option argument which must be a string. Is there any way to do that without having the string as const char*? (i'd pre...
[2 replies] Last: You cannot legally do char* str = "string literal"; in C++. To give... (by Ganado)
by YikUTM
Comparing images with opencv c++

opencv beginner here... I came across this example code in the opencv folder. The instruction for the usage of this program is matcher_simple <image1> <image2>....
[2 replies] Last: in windows I know for sure that a single arg can be dropped onto the p... (by jonnin)
Solving problem .

hey guys I have the assignment below to submit really soon but I can't figure out what the program what me to do I have tried to display the numbers from t...
[11 replies] Last: Given input: Main 2000 1000 3000 2000 2000 Clay 3000 5000 4000 5000 4... (by keskiverto)
by zolo
STL smart pointers

Hi, I got into the smart pointer business and I have question which best demonstrated on a code taken directly from the forums tutorial. Namely the inheritan...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks guys, very comprehensive intro to unique pointers! I am using ... (by zolo)
Basic Input/Output Problem

This code refers to a project that I am trying to complete regarding inputs/outputs. The problem reads as follows. Suppose you have a list of N integers in a...
[1 reply] : Double post: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/238313/ (by Thomas1965)
How To Properly Compile Program Made In QT Creator 4.8 To Visual Studio C++ 2017?

Hello Professionals, Good day. I would like to ask your advice how to properly compile program made in QT Creator 4.8 to Visual Studio C++ 2017? Thank you...
[3 replies] Last: You should really learn to use google. This is for qt 5.9, but nothin... (by poteto)
Retrieve single value from XML file

Hello! I want some "simple" way to extract a value out of a XML file stored online. link: https://opendata-download-metobs.smhi.se/api/version/latest/par...
[5 replies] Last: Hello! Thank you guys for all your help After some tought, and for f... (by crosswinds)
June 2018 Pages: 1... 34567... 9
  Archived months: [may2018] [jul2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.