General C++ Programming - May 2016 (Page 15)

Homework Help

Hey guys, I need your help. I am working on homework and I am getting the error: undefined reference to 'letterGrades'(double)'. I do not know what it means and...
[1 reply] : Nevermind, I figured it out. I forgot to finish the prototype. (by Ateimoortagh)
Opening file issues

my file is failing to open i have a file named numbers.txt with 12 numbers in it like so : 1 2 3 4 5 . . . through to 12 but it will not open can someone tel...
[17 replies] Last: Thanks for that! (by Little Captain)
HomeWork prompt

Hello! I am basically having trouble on a homework prompt and need a little help with scenarios that break my code. Basically the prompt is that there is a sle...
[no replies]
Binary 7

Okay. So I'm trying to interface to a system and the interface document has the message definition layed out pretty nice. There is one field in the data struc...
[3 replies] Last: Should it be of the same type, char? A byte is a byte is a byte. S... (by MikeyBoy)
pretty much confused...about this

one of students wants to get output as upper right and upper left elements of matrix /* Declaration Of Header Files */ # include <iostream.h> # include ...
[1 reply] : one of students wants to get output as upper right and upper left ele... (by keskiverto)
Double dispatch

I'm making a binary tree as well as various different classes that act upon it, with the idea being that the tree itself would be separated from the actions tha...
[4 replies] Last: The reason I've been trying to do this, is that I've been trying to mo... (by shadowmouse)
I'd like a critique of my mathematical vector struct

I wrote a struct with operator overloading as practice, I want to know what I've done wrong and how I can make it better. Edit: would this thread be better sui...
[5 replies] Last: hi, With radian_angle_between , are you aware that the dot product e... (by TheIdeasMan)
Can't figure out why num variable wont work

#include <iostream> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <math.h> #include <string.h> using namespace std; int main() { int num,i,j,k,sma...
[no replies]
Error cannot convert Movies* to Movie* in assignment

In Movies.cpp at the bottom of the Movies* createMovies() function //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// //Movie.h #ifn...
[3 replies] Last: You know, this is the exact problem constructors were created to solve... (by tipaye)
Compiler Error when creating a program about classes

I am trying to compile this program I created but I keep receiving compiler errors and I don't understand how to fix them. I created a Class called MyClass, i...
[6 replies] Last: In you Factorial function you haven't used braces around num = num * ... (by AbstractionAnon)
Store the contents of text file into map container and print contents of map

Hi everyone I am trying to store the elements of text file in map container. The elements of text file are not fixed number. I write this code to do this task...
[1 reply] : Double post: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/190328/ (by MrHutch)
parameter problem

so I making a linear sorting into a function and for some reason there is an error (Argument of type"int" is incompatible with type int) so here is my code: no...
[3 replies] Last: still don't get how to make the code block thing http://www.cplusplu... (by MikeyBoy)
MD5 Hashing

I'm working on implementing the MD5 hash. I basically just took the pseudocode from wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MD5) and converted it to C++. I don...
[no replies]
Binary search tree: Question about recursion vs. loops

For one of my classes, I have to create a binary search tree and search through it to find a certain number, however, I'm having a little bit of an issue unders...
[2 replies] Last: > the time it takes to find the number is less than 1 second computers... (by ne555)
Help Defining a class

This is the exact problem i was giving no context. I was reading my textbook and it was suppose to teach me how to use classes. I have no idea what to do, it wa...
[3 replies] Last: That's a really bad way to program. Eventually, you'll get something t... (by Moschops)
Read specific column in a line of text file

Hi everyone, I have text file like this: 516457 +9989704016796.0 1 516471 +9989844018787.0 1 516481 +9989984013367.0 1 516484 +9990124023453.0 ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for your reply Yep, I changed the type into double_t and it is ... (by ajlahmed)
Trouble with array of pointers

I am trying to make a banking program that reads commands from a text file and processes them. These are the commands: Create account amount Deposit accoun...
[no replies]
Segmentation fault when reading into hash table

So I am to take this code for a hash table from a book and I am to read in the contents of a dictionary and store them in this hash table. I can't figure out ho...
[4 replies] Last: A string literal like "One" is a const char* You are passing a co... (by ne555)
Logic error in my program. Member function containing string not valid?

#include <iostream> #include <cmath> #include <cstring> using namespace std; class MyClass { private: int num = 0; std::string description = 0; public: MyClas...
[4 replies] Last: I received a compiler error 'MyClass::description' should be initiali... (by Moschops)
by Xriuk
Protected member call from parent class should not be allowed

I have this situation: class Class1{ public: void someFunc(); // This is virtual too in my code, but I don't know if that matters } class Class2 : pub...
[2 replies] Last: @AbstractionAnon So, even if it's virtual it's the same? Ok, my only o... (by Xriuk)
May 2016 Pages: 1... 1314151617
  Archived months: [apr2016] [jun2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.