General C++ Programming - May 2018 (Page 10)

by yurmom
need help range function

I need to come up with range function that should take 2 parameters 1d int array and the number of elements. It should return the difference between the largest...
[1 reply] : Hey, welcome! Code tags <> to the side help a lot esp as your code ge... (by jonnin)
I just want to understand

Hey guys please help me with this assignment we were given the other day. I have yet to understand since my lecturer was too fast. Would appreciate your feedb...
[1 reply] : What do you not understand? The formula or how to write C++? (by solarflare)
Need help with putting quotation marks around a value.

This program counts occurrences of a character upper or lower in a string. Need the char (toupper(c)) to have quotes around it. heres my code. #include <stdi...
[1 reply] : To add quotes within a string, you need to escape them in your code. A... (by Ganado)
FINDING LOWEST VALUE OF AN ARRAY

How could I find lowest value of array. then display student id void compare(string studentID ,double studentScore , int &s){ double highest = 0.0, lowes...
[3 replies] Last: Personally, I would use the Standard Library because there somebody el... (by keskiverto)
for anybody willing to help a fellow buddy out --this is a assignment btw.

Write a range function: o This function should take 2 parameters: a 1D int array and the number of elements. o It should return the difference between the large...
[2 replies] Last: Start with the range function. You could have it just return the large... (by tpb)
fragiles du 95(1) (1,2)

[20 replies] Last: Exercice 4 : attribut statique (niveau 1) Voici un codage possible de... (by closed account DS1qDjzh)
fork in the road, VS versus self-compiled binaries

Am compiling OpenCV with Visual Studio 2017. Do I use the binaries provided (VC15) or do I create my own libraries using CMAKE/etc. I want to keep it simple and...
[1 reply] : most libraries that are compiled for you are done well. Most. Someti... (by jonnin)
copy_if destination using an ostream_iterator remains waiting for input....

Hi, I have an unexplainable behavior in the following code: static bool begins_with_a(const std::string& s) { return s.find("a") == 0; } static ...
[11 replies] Last: [quote=JUAN DENT]Cubbi do you know how this eof works in Windows? at t... (by Cubbi)
by kobex
libxlsxwriter

Hello guys :) I'm sorry my english is ... you know hehe :) I work with http://libxlsxwriter.github.io/getting_started.html#gsg_using ===============...
[8 replies] Last: Sorry I am unable to do so. I have no experience with git submodules. (by Thomas1965)
Need Help regarding With Josephus problem c++

Is there any Method to change a to z alphabets into Names(add by user and names more than ten or more :) is there any method to add easily names without consumi...
[no replies]
Priority Comparing using Queues

Recently I created a program using queues implementing priorities. I've managed to correct all errors except one, where I keep stumbling into. error: ISO C++...
[1 reply] : Firstly, look at the description of your problem: I've managed to cor... (by tpb)
Goto statement help

< } cout << "\n Enter 1 to rerun and 2 to exit \n"; cin >> topstatementnumber; while (1 == topstatementnumber){} goto topstatement; if (2 == topstatemen...
[4 replies] Last: to simplify your life you could have used the switch() case function. ... (by LucianoPena28)
copy constructor/destructor issues

Hi there. I have code: #include <iostream> class CTest { private: int m_nData; public: int getData () const { return m_nData; } CT...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks (by icegood)
Encryption/ Decryption

Write a program to decrypt a file named “encrypted text.txt” by using the key found in a file named “key.txt”. Write the decrypted text to a file called...
[3 replies] Last: Are you saying that you can't write a program to read a text file a li... (by tpb)
by Hugues
makefile for C++

# PATH srcdir=src/ bindir=bin/ docdir=doc/ savedir=save/ # VAR CC=g++ -Wall -ansi -pedantic OPTIONS=-lm CP=cp MKDIR=mkdir MV=mv RM=rm -f SRC=$(w...
[2 replies] Last: I have never made makefiles, I've just used other people's, but I just... (by Ganado)
Floating Error

So I have been coding this problem and I believe I found the error in the program but I cannot resolve it or how to go about changing it. So I will post the pro...
[1 reply] : Line 28: delete choices; should be delete choices; Lines 44-46: ... (by dhayden)
Recursion

Hello everyone! Here I have a code which should take an input from a file input.txt, for example an integer like 123456 and then using this recursion it should ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! (by itfreakas)
by Laeeq
C++ oop programming . Need Help

Can anyone do it in easiest way ? Write a c++ program to create a base class called STUDENT (name,roll number,age) and using inheritance create classes UG stude...
[9 replies] Last: Write a c++ program to create a base class called STUDENT (name,roll ... (by dhayden)
Using a stack to convert a number from binary to decimal

I have a program due for my Data Structures tomorrow and I need to figure out how to make it so it converts a number from binary to decimal with using a stack. ...
[6 replies] Last: Right. n = (n << 1) | (*s == '1'); is what I meant, I just forgo... (by jonnin)
Program that opens data file containing test scores

Hi, I am new to programming and I am completing an extra credit assignment for my C++ programming class and I do not even know where to begin. Here is the promp...
[1 reply] : I don't want to do your homework for you. That would obviate the purp... (by doug4)
May 2018 Pages: 1... 891011
  Archived months: [apr2018] [jun2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.