How did you come to program

Pages: 1234
closed account (N36fSL3A)
How the hell did you dig THIS up Captain? The last post is more than 1 month old.
Last edited on by Fredbill30
closed account (EwCjE3v7)
I think I went to like number 7 .. ;)
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
has anyone ever taught you about the death of a post captian?]

edit:
i know that me doing this isnt helping, but he did it at least two other times
Last edited on
Yea I know, it's getting real annoying how he's bringing up dead topics. It really just floods the recent, more important ones.
On StackOverflow, you can get a special badge ("Necromancer") for resurrecting a dead topic
Fredbill30 wrote:
Yea I know, it's getting real annoying how he's bringing up dead topics. It really just floods the recent, more important ones.

In the lounge, there are no important topics :P. Though, if you are resurrecting a thread in one of the other sections, then I think that is bad as it would be better to just make a new topic (just not the same topic repeatedly).
on topic: minecraft made me do it!
What can I say? I got into programming because of my unhealthy love of video games. While the other kids were outside living life, I was inside playing my nintendo till my fingures bleed. I felt sorry for the other kids.

Hey Fred, what is RPG maker like. I saw it on youtube and want it now, but your opinon is valued. Out of curiosity, once you have something playable, is it possible to port it to a disk to be used on x-box?
closed account (3qX21hU5)
once you have something playable, is it possible to port it to a disk to be used on x-box?

If you mean just burn it on a disk and it be playable on a xbox then no you cant.

If you meant rewrite the code to something the xbox console can recognize then yes it is possible. But if you want to make xbox games just use a language like C# and XNA which is probably the easier route.
Have you seen the RPG maker software?

It does not matter what code I know, I by myself would not be able to make a game engine that awsome. It would take you, me, Fredbill, and a slew of others all working together for a very long time to do this. Not to mention I would need a team of artists.
I must admit XNA game studio looks pretty cool.
RPG Maker? It's cool if you're toying around with Ruby and game design.

If you want to make a platformer or puzzle game etc. It's not for you.

You can actually sell the games you make, as long as you have a legit version of RPG Maker, but games aren't usually sold, it usually ends up on RPGmakervx.net and you show off your creations and people try to make better things.

So basically if you want to toy around with Ruby and RPGs, it's for you. If you want to sell it, it isn't for you.
Yeah I could see myself giving RPG maker a try. I still love the old Final Fantasy games that were out on super nintendo.
Yea, I'd really recommend it. It was hella fun creating my games and playing them when I was at the tender age of 10. I thought I was some big name developer :P
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 1234