thrill of diablo 3?

Pages: 12
closed account (N36fSL3A)
The similarities are so minor it doesn't even matter. You can't compare 2 different genres of games.

That's like comparing Dora The Explorer with Doctor Who.
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
they arent minor. how would you know? you havent played either game

similarities:
-multiplayer
-made by blizzard
-move by clicking
-you have a hero
-it is fantasy
-it is birds eye view
Last edited on
The game's controls are flawless, it is very well done mechanically. But since the game puts a heavy load of control to the mouse, if you have issues with your wrist, then playing the game itself may become an issue later on. Just in case you do, it might be best to invest some time finding a build that doesn't put that much strain on the wrist.

As for the interface, well it's not gonna change from what you see now so it shouldn't be an issue with familiarity.

As a game though, it's an irreparable shit.
How is Diablo 3 if I only plan to play with a couple of my friends (no randoms, avoid AH crap if possible)?

I played Diablo 2 a decent amount, got to the end game but then it got kinda stupid because all we could do was kill Baal (who was a joke compared to enemies leading up to him) and hope for that 0.001% chance of getting a decent item to slightly make my character better.
closed account (S6k9GNh0)
A lot of what made Diablo 2 fun was both PvP and randomized items. But to be honest, people give Diablo 3 too much crap compared to Diablo 2... you definitely had to farm items way more in Diablo 2. Diablo 3 would be amazing if it had PvP (which was promised a year ago, seriously). But the characters are terribly unbalanced, Barbarians would dominate all the other classes.

Compared to when I first started playing Diablo 3 though, its not even the same game. ALL of the spells have completely changed and I couldn't jump back into the game with any of my characters even if I wanted to.
@Firedraco, it's a great game to sit around and just play with some friends on occasion. Hell I still do that every now and again and I personally think the game was the worst thing Blizzard has released (barring the last couple WoW expansions)
computerquip wrote:
Compared to when I first started playing Diablo 3 though, its not even the same game. ALL of the spells have completely changed and I couldn't jump back into the game with any of my characters even if I wanted to.

Woah, what? I haven't played it in almost a year. Has it really changed that much?
(barring the last couple WoW expansions)
meh mop wasnt that bad
Tbf, I didn't play mop. It just looked pretty bad to me. Seemed to have completely butchered the lore side of things. Pandarens could have been much cooler :( They always were the race I was wanted to see. Brewmaster in WC3 was the bees knees...
yeah i agree they completely sold it wrong, but the in game story line was as cool as wotlk
Anything's great with friends so yeah of course it'll be great.

@computerquip

The skills haven't changed that much, just that their numbers have been tweaked. Some of the tweaking did render certain builds less viable though so I think that's what you're getting at.

PvP has already been released. Can't remember when though and didn't even bother trying it out. Regardless I highly doubt barbs will dominate pvp. Weak CC, weak escape, generally not that crafty of a class.

The problem with the items though is not the grind, but just how incredibly boring they are. I quit like 3-4 months ago, but unless some huge change happened since then, any stats that doesn't directly affect your damage/survivability is absolute garbage. You're pretty much forced to get the same thing everyone's going for or get wrecked in Inferno.

Besides, items is just one reason why the game's not as great as it could have been.
closed account (S6k9GNh0)
Story line was a let down as well... short game play... the movie shorts were awesome but in-between could have been much better. They also left very, very little to have if they want a sequel.
The problem with the items though is not the grind, but just how incredibly boring they are. I quit like 3-4 months ago, but unless some huge change happened since then, any stats that doesn't directly affect your damage/survivability is absolute garbage. You're pretty much forced to get the same thing everyone's going for or get wrecked in Inferno.

Eh, well that's basically the same as Diablo 2.
neverwinter surpass diablo 3 now.try it!
Regardless I highly doubt barbs will dominate pvp. Weak CC, weak escape, generally not that crafty of a class.

I haven't played D3's pvp yet (actually haven't played D3 in 8-10 months), but from the arenas in beta videos, Barbarian was righteous...with the correct build you could whip people. Also there's a pro player named Moldran (who's also played pro with Team Paradigm in Guild Wars 2) who I'm pretty sure has done some videos with the Barbarian in pvp.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12