Did you ever use this?

Pages: 12
closed account (jwkNwA7f)
I was just wondering how many of you used this online compiler:
http://www.onlinecompiler.net/
I used this site when I first started programming. I use VS now.
Last edited on
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
i didnt. i used a bunch of online compilers, but they never seemed to be quite right for me. so im either on my laptop, or use a machine with a text editor and wait
closed account (N36fSL3A)
I don't like online compilers. They don't feel secure to me.
Lumpkin wrote:
They don't feel secure to me.

Yea, that's why I quit using it. When I first started programming, I didn't know much about viruses and things like that. I now have learned more about it(I have actually been making an antivirus ) and don't use anything like it.
Last edited on
closed account (3qX21hU5)
What do you mean they don't feel secure? They aren't running anything on your computer at least not anything more then a normal website is.
closed account (N36fSL3A)
I know, I just feel uncomfortable doing it.
I don't like online compilers. They don't feel secure to me.

Not secure, as in? You feed the site some text and the site runs a compiler and if it can, the resulting executable.
closed account (G309216C)
I never ever stuck with these "online" compiler, they are absolutely bugged as well.

Also cpprogrammer297 what type of Anti-Virus is it? Does it work in Ring0? Also what type of hooks does it place and is it System-Wide.
Sorry but I always have a competitive attitude towards other small AV.
closed account (3qX21hU5)
The only online compiler I have found that works nicely is Koding https://koding.com/Home . It is actually the best one I have seen in a long time. Gives you your own personal VM and a terminal with root access and sudo apt-get. For a quick overview you can checkout this https://koding.com/twomins.html .

I use it all the time when I am at work and don't have my computer and want to do some testing or coding.
+1 for koding. checked it out and its really cool. its like a facebook ide for coders!
Koding is nice but its more than I usually need in an online compiler. I use ideone more than any other for testing small bits of code if I'm too lazy to open my IDE.
> when I am at work (...) and want to do some testing or coding.
that's the way of the programmer ;)
¿what would you do if your boss catch you?

> I use ideone (...) if I'm too lazy to open my IDE.
o_O
Holy crap koding is so much cooler than when I last checked it out :O
@SpaceWorm
Sorry I have been away from my computer for a while.

Mine is very basic. It can only detect trojans and worms in batch or vbs files. The user has to type in the directory and it will scan through it. It searches for pieces of code that are found in viruses. I am working on adding features like running in the background and I am going to remake it using the WinAPI.
when you remake it using the win api i have a function that runs stuff in the background. you can have it if you want
Sure, that would be great.

BTW, I'm not just going to copy your code and take credit for it. I would like to just see how it is done and learn from it.
alright but honestly i dont care. its like five - ten lines of code but you can do with it what you want
Okay, I just don't like copying code from others. Thank you for the help!
NO! you are only allowed to use it if and only if you learn nothing from it and give me no credit for it
I will take all of the credit and won't learn anything from it. :)
Pages: 12