Why CoD?

I'm sure many of you have seen the overwhelming amount of comment on YouTube videos from trolls about how CoD is a better game than the one in the video and how the one in the video copied so many things from CoD (even when the game is unrelated in every way).

I want to know, why is it always CoD? Why is this even something people do? I don't understand why it's just this one series that the trolls use.
Popular to hate CoD maybe so they get the haters riled up?
Well this might kind of sound ignorant of me but personally I believe CoD is one of those kind of games "those" kind of people like to play. CoD games have mindless killing, little thought, no account for you actions. Brainless people like to play CoD. I'm not saying if play CoD you're dumb, just that a lot of dumb people enjoy it.
I'm their counterpart.
Pac-Man > CoD.

Well, to the point, CoD actually requires few brain to play (Believe me, if you want to argue about this we can have a talk or two about this) but only requires luck.

Fact it is, the luckier you are, the higher the probabilities you will like CoD.

We're basically splitting the community in three pieces:

The lucky ones > Love CoD
The careless ones > Ignore or Don't Know CoD
The unlucky ones > Hate CoD

Might as well go find myself a Four-leaf Clover.
Also noticed people who usually play CoD are either adults with too much time or without a job, or kids (who also have too much free time and don't have a job).

Never seen many guys in the 16-21 age span playing CoD.

While, switching to Counter-Strike (It's "regular", "skill-based" counter-part), you can almost only find people ranging from 15 to 24.

Guys under 15 are hard to find (Mostly because they cannot aim properly and end up dying soon, getting bored and going back to play/love CoD) and people over 24 mostly think about progressing their life.
None of that really answers my question though :\
In essence, CoD has a lot of stupid players that like to do stupid things. Beyond that, I really can't say. Trust me though, I know what you mean. I'm a really big Elder Scrolls fan, absolutely love'em. However, whenever I look up related videos on YouTube(Skyrim related mostly) you see these morons who won't shut up about how we're a bunch of <censor> playing fantasy <censor> in our underwear while wearing a tie. Now this happens in return to, i.e when Skyrim first came out we had some of our own morons going around saying "I used to play " << x << " game, then I took an arrow to the knee"
All in all the gaming community is full of a lot of people wasting their time unfortunately. Rather than just playing/modding/reviewing their game(s) they have to troll about it.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.