Unveiling of Epsilon Anti-Virus

Pages: 1... 45678... 10
He doesn't necessarily have to write it all. All of the functions that he is calling are in there as well. Even the std libs that he uses.

EDIT: 123 posts. Next landmark: 1234 posts
Last edited on
closed account (G309216C)
@Script Coder

For Heuristics, I don't really used a completely set up one, the heuristics algorithm mostly looks at the behavior of the processes, file , network, registry and memory.

The reason it looks at memory is because some Malwares use RunPE which is directly loaded into memory.

I am not going to reveal much about the algorithm as I wish to keep it private anyway so it looks at the injection activity of all processes, next the hook activity and network activity and file activity. If the process is unprivileged and it injects into every process or attempts to inject into privileged processes with the thread containing hook, the AV will flag it and the measures will be taken to disarm and kill it.

Next heuristics is a good attempt to improve logic, as basically you are creating a self-understanding logic.
closed account (3qX21hU5)
How bout you at least reveal something? Not trying to get on your case or anything but for 6 pages now you have been talking about how great your AV is but yet haven't released anything. No code, no program, no demo, not even snippets.

I'm all for sharing your work and getting feedback but to be able to do that you have to actually share it (Whether it be a working copy without source code or a demo or the full source or even just snippets of the program).

If what you are saying is true it would be fascinating to check it out. But as of right now you aren't really helping get your program noticed because honestly to me it seems like you are just making the program up (Specially from the part of 1GB of source code). And this thread really is starting to remind me of this other thread http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/85713/
While I do have to agree with Zereo that this thread is going in that direction. It is far from it. Also, I personally would not give up source code that I could potentially profit on, not do I expect anyone to do the same.

In SpaceWorm's defense he did offer to give out an executable, to which everyone said no.

If what you are saying is true it

Knowing SpaceWorm's capabilities personally I somehow think it is true.
In SpaceWorm's defense he did offer to give out an executable, to which everyone said no.

What the "hostile" people said could be summarized as: "no source no trust".

I'd be happy to see anything offered for download apart from screenshots. The fact that I wouldn't actually trust the executable (I wonder if you would) is a different story.
I wonder if you would

While I have trust and respect for SpaceWorm, I still believe that social engineering is harsh and you can never blindly trust anything on the internet. So I would not mind trying it out on an old pc or even a VM inside a couple other VMs
I agree I would definitely test it out though would definitely set up a secure sandbox to run it in. That isn't to say I don't trust SpaceWorm it's just I don't trust anything on the internet really.
^ +1
How can you be certain SpaceWorm hasn't gotten his login info stolen and he's just a hacker who wants ALL of our login infos? HACKCEPTION
Look, Guys I know Script Coder for long time and he is a friend of me on internet.
But if you guys think this is a HACKER, I suggest you ask the Admin for IP login's and besides as I said run it in VmWare or run it in unused computer.

Next Thanks Script Coder for standing up for me.
Last edited on
closed account (jwkNwA7f)
@SpaceWorm I look like to try it on my computer. Where can I get it or has it been released yet?
EssGeEich wrote:
^ +1
How can you be certain SpaceWorm hasn't gotten his login info stolen and he's just a hacker who wants ALL of our login infos? HACKCEPTION
In his profile for months now it has said he has been working on antivirus software for a long time. That's quite an elaborate scheme a hacker would use to steal info, let alone that the REAL worm from space would have posted about his hacked account.
@SpaceWorm "Sarcasm" lol.
Well maybe we would run it in a VM if you would actually provide something...
@Zereo to be fair people started badgering him before he ever posted any download.
closed account (1yR4jE8b)
Also, I personally would not give up source code that I could potentially profit on, not do I expect anyone to do the same.

Linus Torvalds makes a living off the Linux Kernel, while giving the source away for free.

Red Hat is a giant corporation creating enterprise grade Linux distributions, and giving away the source for free.

Many open source projects survive and their developers make a career completely on donations and sponsorships; while giving away their source code for free. (Linux Mint is one example)

While I agree that people should be free to do whatever they want with their source code, including not making it free/open, saying that you cannot profit on open code is just simply wrong.
Last edited on
Look, Guys I know Script Coder for long time and he is a friend of me on internet.
But if you guys think this is a HACKER, I suggest you ask the Admin for IP login's and besides as I said run it in VmWare or run it in unused computer.

Next Thanks Script Coder for standing up for me.

I am also creating a GitHub project for me to add all the snippets of code,
No need to repost your previous post, we already discussed you weren't a hacker. But by reposting your previous post that makes me question whether you're a robot...
Last edited on
Sigh I give up lol though look forward to the snippets even though its not the program you said you would release :(
https://github.com/OmegaPrecursor/Epsilon-AV-snippets

I have posted one snippet which can remove all malwares without rootkit. Anyway I will let you check it out.

Good Luck it is free, you can also distribute it without consent and use it in your programs.
SpaceWorm wrote:
I have posted one snippet which can remove all malwares without rootkit.
"Basic" "Reg" seem to say otherwise.
Last edited on
Pages: 1... 45678... 10