So we Live in a Black Hole...

Pages: 123... 11
closed account (N36fSL3A)
Well, I've been reading a few interesting theories on the creation of our universe, and creation from a black hole is very, very interesting.

Basically, our universe is a black hole that is inside of another universe. Our universe inherits the laws of the universe before, and due to the conditions of the black hole, creates a few itself. Kinda like polymorphism in C++.

So, what is your stance on this?
I don't agree. From what I know a black "hole" is really a huge pile of matter, crushing itself under the force of gravity. It's basically like a very massive planet (if you don't want to call it a dark star).

I do not understand how a Universe could reside within a black "hole" or how the black "hole" could provide passage to an alternate universe. It's just a pile of matter, drawing ever more matter to it.

Maybe I am wrong in my reasoning? Maybe I am ignorant of some facts?
Last edited on
A pretty good arcticle. http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/05/17/every-black-hole-contains-new-universe/

I've read some other articles but unfortunately I recently erased all history on Firefox.
closed account (jwkNwA7f)
I agree with Catfish4. It does sound interesting, but I really don't think that is true. It doesn't make sense to me.
Why is our universe always expanding then? Maybe our "black hole" is absorbing matter from our parent universe, and the force of the matter being added pushes the universe outwards.

We may be a small black hole, which from I read are much more violent than larger ones.
Last edited on
Wouldn't it just go on anyway? If it has a stopping point, wouldn't there have be something on the other side?
Hm.

Well our "universe" could be inside a black hole that's inside another universe inside a black hole, and that would go on. We'd keep getting matter through that process until the mother of all universes runs out I guess. Maybe a "creator" is creating that matter.

(No religion pl0x)
I guess. It makes more sense than all the s*** about the big bang theory. The big bang theory just plain doesn't make sense. How would a peace of dust make humans, animals, etc.. And, where would the dust come from? idk...
I know. But I still would like some more input on this.
the force of the matter being added pushes the universe outwards
Which makes as much sense as trying to achieve anti-gravity by building the heaviest object possible.
@helios Well, yeah.
Which makes as much sense as trying to achieve anti-gravity by building the heaviest object possible.
I know this isn't serious, but if the mass is large enough it doesn't always follow the laws of gravity.
closed account (1yR4jE8b)
foxnews

Nothing to see here, move along.

It makes more sense than all the s*** about the big bang theory. [...] How would a peace of dust make humans, animals, etc.. And, where would the dust come from?

Just because you don't understand the science, doesn't mean it can't be true. It just means you need to expand your knowledge. Besides the Big Bang Theory doesn't have anything to say about the origin of life, only the origin of the Universe.

If you want to learn about the origin of life, read about the different hypotheses regarding Abiogenesis as well as the Miller-Urey experiements that gives us a foundation of how organic matter emerged from non-organic matter. It isn't a completely solved problem, but we are actively working on it and getting closer every day.

Once that organic matter emerged, evolution took it's course: another completely different theory.

And, where would the dust come from?

The Big Bang occured 13.7 billion years ago, after that the Universe was much too hot for stars to form. As the Universe expanded, space began to cool and gravity brought Hydrogen, Helium and a few trace elements that were created during the intense energy release of the Big Bang to create the first starts.

Those early stars lived short violent lives, probably about a million years or so. As they grew larger, and hotter they fused new elements in their cores which scattered across the universe when the stars go supernova (basically, they explode). Essentially all matter that exists originated from these exploding stars, all connected to each other through the laws of physics. We are all stardust.

Maybe a "creator" is creating that matter.

Then what created the creator?
Last edited on
if the mass is large enough it doesn't always follow the laws of gravity
For example?
Then what created the creator?
majik

A better question is what created the universe's initial mass.
Maybe it always existed?
Then you could say thing same about God/The creator.
Why not save a step? Why do we have to insert an eternal space wizard, where there is no evidence to suggest that one exists?
Then you could say thing same about God/The creator.

I was just thinking that too, but Lumpkin beat me to it.

@darkestfright Still think the big bang theory is not true. (never going to convince me)
Last edited on
never going to convince me

Why not?
Pages: 123... 11