• Forum
  • Lounge
  • Dearail this thread. (an experiment in t

Dearail this thread. (an experiment in thread derailing)

Pages: 12
...in order to understand derailing threads we need to better understand them and the devices derailleurs deliberately and accidentally use.

So we start with the subject of thread derailing and you have to if you can help it subtly derail the thread while still being close to the topic.

only unsubtly derail the thread if its a classic thread derailing thing that people do, but you got to get the timing right else your just gonna kill the flow of the derailment and thats not derailing a thread thats something else.

the subject is thread derailing....GO.

Last edited on
LMAO!
closed account (z05DSL3A)
http://www.derailingfordummies.com
closed account (z05DSL3A)
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII{THIS}IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
                               {THREAD}            

pong: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/112371/2/#msg614081
Last edited on
OMG who reported my post? And why?? Why was I reported! Who! And why!
closed account (N36fSL3A)
Sometimes I sniff my dirty underwear.
Understanding something is only part of the issue. You can do that without accepting or tolerating the issue.
Sometimes I pee at the side of the toilet bowl to make less noise.
no no your doing this wrong, this is trolling not derailing, I said derail the thread dont troll it.

who reported catfish?

EDIT: still if mad houses had public forums this is what it would look like.
Last edited on
I tried to derail it by making an awk discussion.

(Just realized I double posted, reported my post)
Last edited on
no no your doing this wrong, this is trolling not derailing, I said derail the thread dont troll it.

Wait, I thought posting random garbage was derailing, not trolling. Now I'm confused!
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
oh god... all of this talk of derailing has reminded me of this one time i was doing ruby on rails and the thing would not run at alll....
I hate it when people say scripting languages are better than programming ones because their variables are dynamically typed.

Honestly, I ran into so many problems because of that it isn't even funny (Mainly in Ruby). I'd rather have my compiler throw a warning when I'm doing something wrong than have it crash mid program.
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
there you go... although it would have been better if you hadnt copied that. anyways to keep with devons expirement...

speaking of ruby, i was watching the goonies the other day and forgot how good of a movie it is
I don't watch movies.
Thread derailing on here normally takes place when we reply to the topic and then change to a second topic. Like how the vlad from moscow thread when from him, to depression, to suicide, to guns, to gun control, to violence, back to vlad. Trolling is more trying to cause a huge argument or rise in a specific topic (like gay marriage) without derailing it. Or going to a C++ site and posting that C++ sucks, purposely looking for a confrontation or argument, being disruptive basically.
What's with all the blank lines?
Pages: 12