Almost 18, and I'm probably the most boring teen ever

Pages: 12
It is funny how many options will be available to you at this age, but you won't realize it until you get married and then it is too late. :)
@Manga
Not true. I knew what options were available to me at all the milestone ages in the US. I knew, but didn't care. I'm happily married and don't think it is too late because being married doesn't change anything (just have a physical conscience or physical devil telling you to do the right or wrong thing).
Well, if I could go back in time, to that age again, I would either have joined the military or gone to university. I would just do something for cripes sake...
When I was 19 and was just 4 weeks away from starting university, I left home suddenly one day to get a job at the other side of the country*, only leaving a note.
I left because of a girl I had met, only twice, who lived the other side of the country.
We ended up getting together and getting engaged. (Although we are not together anymore, but we are great friends).
If I could go back in time, I would go back and NOT do something crazy like that.

Mostly @Manga

*the story is more crazy than I make out here actually, but I'm not going to give any details over the internet lol. Suffice it to say, it was pretty crazy.
Last edited on
You can go to university no matter what the age. I know a 50 year old guy going to IU for a CS degree and another 46 year old in IU law degree.
You can go to university no matter what the age

That's true, although it gets harder to learn the older you get (to a certain extent), but I don't think I'm too bothered about UNI at the moment anyway... I've kinda got a short term plan for after college but that's about it besides wingin' it. :p

Hope you have an awesome 18th SatsumaBenji.

Although I said it's QUITE a while away, Thank you very much Thumper.

I left home suddenly one day to get a job at the other side of the country*, only leaving a note.
I left because of a girl I had met, only twice, who lived the other side of the country.

This actually sounds very much like something I'd do if I had the means to do so (just a tiny bit of money to fall back on, and that should do really)... Not sure about the marriage part but hey, I've not tried doing the first bit yet XD JK

I'm thinking that actually on my 18th I'll probably get a load of friends and just try out shit tonnes of different types of alcohol and get bladdered (for the first time) and do many things I could quite possibly regret... If there's only one day that gives this an excuse surely it's the 18th birthday? :P
To regret means to with you never did it. So why would you ever want to do things that you'll regret? Isn't that contradictory?

</me being dumb>
Last edited on
closed account (N36fSL3A)
Finally someone that takes my advice :D
Yes it is rather contradictory, but with a lot of things people tend to regret (on a minor scale) it's a regret for short periods of time, and in the long run you're glad you did it...
I know this don't sound anything like what it should be for the reckless kind of situation but I think I'd prefer to regret doing certain things rather than to regret not doing anything... (I haven't got a clue if any of that makes sense at all)

I'd rather do something I might not like later, than not having done so much wonder what would happen if I had done it (I'm sure you'll have heard this thousands of times from random places)
Lumpkin wrote:
Just go to random parties or do stupid things that you'll regret later.
Lumpkin wrote:
Finally someone that takes my advice :D

Anyone that listens to your advice might as well assault a cop now and save themselves the trouble of being too drunk to remember why they are in jail with a hangover.
Anyone that listens to your advice might as well assault a cop now and save themselves the trouble of being too drunk to remember why they are in jail with a hangover.

WHOAHH, calm down! XD
Hopefully dat ain't ever gonna happen, I know I said about regrets but I meant about general things, not federal stuffs
I am calm. In the US, when you go to random parties you will eventually hit one that may end with fights or police coming due to disturbing the peace. If you do stupid things that you'll regret, you will either wake up in bed with someone you don't know, fights, or do something that lands you in jail for public intoxication. So if the end result is a chance to spend the night in jail, just assault a cop, and you will have the latter covered in full ->do stupid thing (assault), regret it later (jail). ;)
try parachuting or bungee jumping ;P
BHXSpecter wrote:
In the US, when you go to random parties you will eventually hit one
Luckily, I have 53 people I can count on to knock my ass out before that happens.
Rule number 1(at least one of the rule number 1s, there are a few..) at my Fraternity is always knock a brother out who's gonna do something stupidly unfixable.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12