Why is everyone complaining about YouTube?

Pages: 12
closed account (N36fSL3A)
As I stated above, people are just going to complain but in the end, deal with it.

I think they all know it deep down, but just want to anyway.
Changes, no matter how small, confuse and frighten people. Remember the hullabaloo when Twicker changed the way this site looks? And that was minor. (We're cool though, so we liked the changes.)

/me arm hurts from patting self on back
closed account (S6k9GNh0)
It's because it requires two accounts to use youtube. One for video management, one to comment. It still doesn't allow for youtube content providers to organize their comments. It also now causes some comments to be lost forever since there is no chronological order to them.
computerquip wrote:
It's because it requires two accounts to use youtube. One for video management, one to comment.
No? I comment with the same account as my YouTube channel.
You can sign into G+ with your Youtube account but they're still two different things.

For instance, while I'm signed into youtube and looking through subscriptions, I can't comment until I sign in on G+ with or without my Youtube account.
I have no clue what you are talking about computerquip. I just made a quick account in G+. Used it to log into YT and was able to comment and upload a video without making a second account.
I swear no one actually reads my posts. *sigh*
computerquip wrote:
You can sign into G+ with your Youtube account but they're still two different things.
I didn't realize you hadn't merged your YouTube account with Google+, which I have done. I have a GOogle+ page for my "LB" YouTube account and a Google+ page "Nicholas Braden" which is associated with my Google account.

Both Pages are associated with my Google account, so Nicholas Braden is considered a Manager for LB. When I sign in to YouTube it gives me this option:
http://i.imgur.com/l7gwRxn.png
So I could use YouTube as either LB or as Nicholas Braden, each of which has a main YouTube channel and any number of additional YouTube channels.

I can also switch between them both on YouTube and Google/Google+, and can log in using any email or username associated with my Google account for any Google-based service.
Last edited on
Right, people don't like the difference. G+ hasn't been popular and people view this as a way to make G+ more popular. It only adds to the confusion of some users.

What real advantage does the merge bring?
Last edited on
All I know is that people who haven't merged have been complaining and people who have merged, like me, aren't experiencing any issues at all.
computerquip wrote:
I swear no one actually reads my posts. *sigh*

No everyone reads them, but saying you need two accounts doesn't immediately make people go "Oh, you haven't merged yet!".

Also, it isn't about making G+ popular. It is about the fact that Google owns Youtube and is migrating all their products to integrate with Google+.
Erm... I don't see why it would make people say that either nor was it the point.

I said people don't like G+ and that Google wants to make G+ more popular. You then say, its not about about making G+ more popular, it's about migrating everything to G+ (which means making more people use it). Do you get it?
Right now, there is no centralized connection between all of Google's services. Google+ is starting to become that, and it will make it easier for them to maintain everything. This diagnosis is entirely based on assumptions, however.
closed account (N36fSL3A)
I have a gmail but I don't use Google+, that's not what I use emails for at all, I just want to use it as a subscription service and to message people.
@computerquip
I get it, but like I said, it isn't about popularity. Companies like Apple, Microsoft, and Google only care about money. It is cheaper to centralize everything rather than pay to have multiple APIs designed. Not to mention, as a developer, it is easier to integrate services into your programs (ala posting to G+, etc.) if all services have a central API instead of having an API for posting user recordings to YouTube, an API for posting remarks or scores to G+. If they truly cared about popularity they wouldn't keep doing things that keep making the users mad.

The log in screen shows this (which to me proves they don't care about popularity): http://prntscr.com/28c111
Last edited on by closed account z6A9GNh0
The reason people seem to dislike it is because

-commenting requires a google+ account, even for content creators
-the filter raises "discussed" comments to the top instead of likes. This cause the most offensive comments to be raised to the top in most cases.
-content creators can no longer check comments through youtube, it must be done through email. ( in other words, not only does the new comment system affect users, but more importantly it affects the main people producing anything worth a shit on there as well )
-outside links being included, this has caused people to link to malicious sites. all around unsafe considering all the stupid on youtube
-no character limit. this allows entire books to be commented, it allows ascii dicks to be everywher.
-a combo of the last two. people use the "expand this comment" as a link to something else to trick people on clicking it

this is what people who make their living off of youtube have been saying.

in my opinion, its all worthless because nearly all the comments on youtube are garbage anyway.
Last edited on
I don't tend to use a web browser to watch youtube videos but when I do, it bothers me the `Changes to YouTube comments' message.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12