I Have Access to a DataBase

closed account (N36fSL3A)
This is great, my school gave me the username and password to two databases.

I never knew there was so much information just floating around, I've read on the issues in Syria, I went back in time to the war in Iraq, I've read about Refugees.

What should I view next, I'm so excited!
I'm confused, did you find a copy of the Economist lying around? I'm a bit puzzled with what your school's databases (databi?) have to do with Syria and Iraq...
They have a wealth of articles from sources around the world, interviews, magazines, etc. The ones I know of are NewsBank and SIRS Discoverer.
Most schools give their students access to databases like this...
If you want to pay some money, you can get access to really any university database. You can find academic articles on really anything out there.

Google Scholar also has a bunch of academic articles, but I haven't really used it much so I can't vouch for its quality. It's free though!
That's really cool. I seriously never knew how much was going on in the world until then.
Be careful. There are some that are scams, and you have to be able to assess the credibility of some articles based on who they are written by. I saw one in which a "scientist" claimed he found a piece from a meteorite broken in the river, but he never went into detail about where it was, how it was lying, or how he handled it when he found it (he should have emplemented a sanitary way of collecting it). He didn't even send it to an expert for analysis!

Just letting you know that there are shams. I'm sure what you have access to is legitimate though.
> Google Scholar also has a bunch of academic articles (...) It's free though!
I thought it was a search engine, with the articles being in, by instance, IEEE.
Be careful. There are some that are scams, and you have to be able to assess the credibility of some articles based on who they are written by

Filter by "peer-reviewed only" will limit these :)

I thought it was a search engine, with the articles being in, by instance, IEEE.

It is? Not sure what you mean
you seem happy that the service is gratis. I don't see a reason for they to charge for it.
They don't publish or host the papers.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.