== HOW TO PLAY ==
0) Press Escape to load an SPC. <------ IMPORTANT BIT
Or use whatever other SPC player you like.
1) Load an SPC from the 'spcs' directory.
2) Figure out what game the song is from.
3) Send me an IM or something on the boards so I can tell you which you got right
and tally your points.
4) No penalty for wrong answer. No max number of guesses. Note that EVERY
SONG IS FROM A DIFFERENT GAME. Some games are sequels of other games on the list.
5) Don't post answers on the forums because it kind of spoils it for everyone else.
Each song is worth points. Games everyone has played and songs everyone knows are
worth 1 point. More obscure songs/games are worth more points. Number of points
is listed in the song title.
If you get the 50pt song you are either a very good cheater or you're insane like me.
6) Make a post to keep the thread active so it stays fun
7) Add additional SPCs (be sure to strip name from filename and tags --
to strip the tags.. zero out offsets 0x0002E to 0x000FF (inclusive).
And delete everything after offset 0x10200. Failure to strip tags
means it's way too easy for people to cheat.
I know the SPC player isn't perfect, but it's pretty damn close.
There's sometimes a crack or a stray note at the start of the song.
Other than that, there should be no audio issues.
IF YOU HEAR SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T SOUND RIGHT LET ME KNOW.
The SPCs I chose were my favorite (or close to my favorite) songs off of various
You can probably tell I like a lot of Squaresoft games.
$ clang++ -c -std=c++11 spc.cpp In file included from spc.cpp:2: In file included from ./spc.h:8: ./spctracer.h:28:21: error: ISO C++ forbids forward references to 'enum' types enum mode_t; ^ 1 error generated.
|spctracer.h:28:21: error: ISO C++ forbids forward references to 'enum' types|
|I can't hear|
18 (click at the start)
19 (click at the start)