Adoption by Homosexual Couples

Pages: 1... 45678... 36
It's striking me that even intelligent people believe in god... But well, at the same time, many intelligent people believed communism is good(and some people still does...)
@ MatthewRock: What's wrong with intelligent people believing in God or communism is good? They feel that way and its their choice anyway. Not everyone thinks alike you know. If they are intelligent, they probably have their own good reasons for believing what they believe even if thay are wrong (I'm not saying they are, they may be). BTW even Eienstein believed in God.
Last edited on
closed account (iAk3T05o)
@matthewrock: it's disappointing you made that statement.
closed account (N36fSL3A)
Okay, I'm done with this topic.
I think I am also done with this I have to debate enough with the ignorant Christian assholes at my school, I don't need to do it during my only free time of the day.
It is not easy to argue with clever but ignorant people.

Fin.
Reality: Most people are ignorant these days.
I only skimmed this thread, but I have something to say. To anyone who believes LGBTQ rights to adoption or marriage, or any legal rights, are wrong because the bible condemns them. Two things.

First. Either follow old testament law completely, or shut up. You are a hypocrite. Pretty sure Jesus was against those. (Mathew 23, off the top of my head).

Aaaand Second, remember that the coming of Christ was largely a revocation of the old laws. It was the start of a new covenant. Pretty sure he said jack shit on homosexuality, and was pretty big on that 'love thy neighbor' stuff.
Last edited on
He said love your neighbour not marry them. Solomon did that 700 times only to realise it was vanity. There is no record of an Adam and Steve or Ada and Eve and until there is, then i might change my views.
So, uhh, what evidence is there that the bible is remotely accurate on this subject? I'm not going to argue. You've made it perfectly clear that you're completely capable of cherry picking your magic book to fit your beliefs.

edit: removed name calling. Was brash. I apologize.

edit: fixed grammar

edit: (gave into temptation) And again. He said nothing on homosexuality, and revoked old laws. So where is your argument against gay marriage? He also didn't say wear the color green.
Last edited on
We have green plants. Out of all the marriages that took place in the bible, not one, not even one homosexual marriage almost took place.
Show me one place in the bible (old or new testament) where a man married a man, a woman married a woman, a woman changed into a man or a man changed into a woman. Just one place, only one.
Nathan2222: no one is saying same-sex marriage took place in the Bible.

Show me one place in the bible where it says same-sex couples can't adopt kids. Just one place, only one.
Last edited on
Why does it matter what the Bible says?
@noxema: why does it matter you don't go around breaking into people's houses?
Because if I were in their position, I would appreciate them not breaking into my house. How does this apply to my statement?
And if you do it enough times, the police will catch you.
The bible is like a rule book. If you choose to follow the rules, good. If you don't, no problem. Everyone will eventually face judgement.
If you believe God had the insight to make us and give us free will it seems foolhardy, to me, to think an entity with that kind of power wouldn't have freewill himself and change his point of view. The Bible, if you believe everything in it was written centuries ago and may not even apply to anything now. It's time religion come into the 21st century instead of following rules/guidelines that was written in a different time in another part of the world.

Nathan2222 wrote:
@noxema: why does it matter you don't go around breaking into people's houses?

I'm not proud of what I've done, but I've done things in my past (three of which were considered felonies if the victim had pressed charges) and the only person I asked forgiveness from was the victims. They all forgave me and I stay in touch with them to this day, but I never asked for God's forgiveness because, well, I don't care about the afterlife (Heaven or Hell I'm still dead).
Last edited on
You expect religion to change for you. Interesting.
I would like to shift the topic of discussion away from whether or not Nathan2222's religious beliefs are worth believing and more toward the original topic of whether or not same-sex couples should be allowed to adopt.

Nathan2222 said previously that if he had the power to do so, he would consider preventing them from doing so.

My question to you, Nathan2222, is "Why?"

If your basis for this decision is in the Bible... please tell me where in the Bible it says same-sex couples should not be allowed to adopt and/or raise children. AFAIK it says no such thing.
@Disch
That is another point I have argued with my wife. If God is so powerful that he passes judgement on us after death and knows everything (as some religions claim, don't know if the Bible says that or not). Then why didn't he use his power to keep the ones he knew would become gay or lesbian from coming to existence.

George Carlin wrote:
When it comes to bullsh*t, big-time, major league bullsh*t, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion. No contest. No contest. Religion. Religion easily has the greatest bullsh*t story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bullsh*t story. Holy Sh*t!
http://www.rense.com/general69/obj.htm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r-e2NDSTuE
Last edited on
Pages: 1... 45678... 36