Good C++ practices

Pages: 1234
im agreeing with you. i think you misunderstood. nathan2222 appeared frustrated that everyone claimed to be intermediate, and i said because it would foolish to think otherwise (well actually i used arrogant but it would be foolish as well)
you are the first person i've seen that has admitted to learning C++ to the point that nothing is new or interesting. All i usually see is "i've been programming for a million years in c++ but i still consider myself at intermediate level".

Actually, what I meant was that until now, whatever I learnt was part of the language.So its getting pretty boring and therefore I wanted to try something new related to the language like coding styles and standards. I didn't mean that I became an expert at the language. I'd consider myself post-intermediate at my best.
Last edited on
closed account (iAk3T05o)
@stormboy: i meant my statement in a good way.
@bobby: i'm waiting for an assumption that you get correct.
i'm waiting for an assumption that you get correct.
that sentence makes no sense at all
Usually takes 10,000 hours to become an expert at most things in life...
http://norvig.com/21-days.html
Last edited on
It didn't take me 10,000
hours to walk, type or speak. But i may get what the article is saying.
Last edited on
and i doubt you are an expert in any of those things
Assumptions.
I could probably guess what you're an expert at.
@Nathan2222
Actually, it could well have. Your first few years would have been pretty much entirely dedicated to learning how to walk and speak. 2 years of learning straight for 12 hours a day is already over 8000 hours. Also, as @Little Bobby Tables said, its unlikely that you are an expert typer or speaker anyway.
i am an expert at nothing. every day i learn something new and i havent spend 10k hours on anything. and assumptions have nothing to do with this. i dont know why you keep mentioning them in half sentences
NT3 wrote:
typer

just to prove a point... *typist
Last edited on
Little Bobby Tables wrote:

. . . havent spend 10k hours . . .

. . . haven't spent 10k hours . . .
Last edited on
i am seriously concerned for your mental health. you are just saying random things in half assed sentenced
It's either you are blind or are ignoring what you wrote.
i am doing neither
I think he was pointing out your grammatical mistake after you picked up on mine.
ah i see. im sorry. i didnt realize he had put in a quote. kind of blended in with the t
@little bobby tables: This is real question and i don't mean it in a bad way.
You are using a smartphone to write your posts, aren't you?
no i am not. you just werent being clear. my correction was very obvious to see. typer is different enough from typist. you just put in a ' in the middle of a sentence and did nothing to bring attention to it.
So "spend" was correct in that sentence? Hmm.
I only asked the question because i noticed the small letters after the '.' in your posts and that happens in my posts too when i'm using a smartphone because it doesn't capitalize depending on the view. I just wanted to know if i was right.
Last edited on
Pages: 1234