Number Base Jokes

Pages: 12
How many different number base jokes can you think of?
I got 2 of these from Numberphile but really like them XD

Their are 10 types of people in the world
Those who know binary, and those who don't

Numberphile wrote:
Those who know binary, those who don't, and those who didn't expect this joke to be in base 3

Numberphile wrote:
Those who know hexadecimal, and F the rest

I'm just feeling silly and want to know if anyone knows any others?
One that I read somewhere I while ago that I found quite funny was this:

Why can't programmers tell the difference between Christmas and Halloween?
Because Dec 25 == Oct 31.
@NT3: Nice :)
I have one:
8 bytes walk into a bar. The bartender says, "What can I do for you?"
The bytes reply, "Make us a double."

I put the punchline in bold for emphasis.
This is a number base joke in that it's a number joke and it's in base ten... You also get ten points if you get it.

Two numbers are talking in a bar when one of them suddenly becomes distracted. "What are you looking at?" Inquires the other number. "Sorry." The first number says. "It's just those two by the bar are 173 and 179".
@Mats I think I get it. It is supposed to be something to do with a box and whisker plot, right? I have a feeling I am WAY off.

I remember hearing another one:

There's a band called 1023MB. They haven't had any gigs yet.
@Mats, I don't get either one :(
ResidentBiscuit the one about 173 and 179 was likely referring to (tinyurl'd because it's spoilers otherwise) http://tinyurl.com/3bsfap
I like the one about the band =D
Awesome!
This one goes way back to my elementary school years.

"Why was 6 afraid of 7?"

"Because 7 8 9."
@Manga I haven't heard that one in years!
Here is one:
How does a mathematician make a tree fall? He squares it and loses the root.
closed account (z05DSL3A)
What do you get when you cross a mosquito with a mountain climber?

Nothing. You can't cross a vector and a scalar.
@Canis lupus, heh I just recently heard this one for the first time.
@Canis lupus
Nice!

I don't know how this counts... it's more of a number pun, but I like it anyway.

Two scientists walk into a bar. The first orders an H2O. The second orders an H2O too.
The second doesn't survive.
Get a calculator and if you aren't confused by this then you probably have heard this one before. There was this guy named mr 6 and he was with this girl who had 9 boobs and he thought that was 222 many boobs, so he went to 51 street and saw mr times (*) and he 8 all her boobs which left her (hit the equals button).
789 ;)
Drrockso wrote:
Get a calculator and if you aren't confused by this then you probably have heard this one before. There was this guy named mr 6 and he was with this girl who had 9 boobs and he thought that was 222 many boobs, so he went to 51 street and saw mr times (*) and he 8 all her boobs which left her (hit the equals button).
789 ;)
I don't get.
Each of his statements is supposed to equate to some kind of mathematical operation (+,-,*,/), though his post does not make it at all clear which statement is supposed to be which operation.

Ultimately you're just inputting a bunch of numbers into a calculator, finally arriving at, I can only guess 55378008... which, when you hold the calculator upside-down, spells "boobless"
You got it Disch. Sorry if I was unclear. You are suppose to enter 6922251 and multiply it by 8 and then hold the calculator upside down to see the punch line. Had to share that gold nugget.
Did you hear the one about the constipated mathematician?

He had to work it out with a pencil
closed account (L6b7X9L8)
^ Brutal.
Pages: 12