AIs

Pages: 12
closed account (NUj6URfi)
I am interested in building an AI, so I came up with 6 Rules for Robotics. These rules ensure good performance and that the AI doesn't turn evil :p

1. A robot must not interfere (stop, act against) in legal actions that are legal by the area of the action's laws. Also, a robot must follow the laws of the current area.

2. A robot must not physically harm a human, or allow one to come to physical harm without the robot trying to stop the physical harm, as long as doing this doesn't conflict with the above rules.

3. A robot must not lie and answer all questions, as long as doing this doesn't conflict with the above rules.

4. A robot must not mentally harm a human, or allow one to come to mental harm without the robot trying to stop the mental harm, as long as doing this doesn't conflict with the above rules.

5. Robots must follow orders, as long as the orders don't conflict with the above laws.

6. A robot must try to survive.

Along with those rules, I came up with the 2 Robotic Truths.

1. Humans are superior than robots.

2. Humans created robots.

Finally, I decided the religion for robots: Agnostic Atheist. All religions have religious facts, yet Science can explain religion. Due to that, robots are agnostic atheist as that belief isn't disrespectful and it doesn't say there is or isn't God, making it very scientific (no proof one way or another).

The point of stating all this was to hopefully help someone with something AI related. Anyways, onto the fun part. Using the above rules, would anyone like to help me in Java with an AI? Second, why don't we have a contest:

APRIL 10(Beginning of day)-24 (Beginning of day) AI-A-THON!

CONTEST RULES
Two weeks. Prize is glory and honor. Any language. Build a talking AI (not a helper (Example: SIRI), but a talker (Example: EVIE)) while implementing the above, applicable rules. FROM SCRATCH. No libraries (SFML), just languages. GOOD LUCK. Two weeks from April 10th, Midnight, CST. ENDS April 24th 00:00 (NOT April 25th, 00:00), CST. Winner decided from a judge with all the binaries. Source code may be kept privately. Groups are allowed.

So... any volunteers for a judge?
Your rules seem flawed with the whole "doesn't conflict with the above rules" anyways... sounds a bit like i robot

As far as the competition creating an AI without any libraries will be a competition with just you I would imagine. Either way creating an AI within the allocated time would be nearly impossible for those of us that work full time + overtime.
i think youve been watching too many sci fi movies... i really doubt cleverbot will be breaking any laws any time soon
Gilbit: How are my rules flawed? They were based off of IRobot YET it's about impossible to follow those rules equally, hence the order of priority. I have a full work schedule and I believe I can do it. I am willing to extend the deadline. LBT: those were rules for robotics, not AI. I realized some rules are pointless in this case. That's why I said applicable rules.
"Talker" robot = Boring AI to make.
Why?
A robot must not lie and answer all questions
What is your root password?

-Albatross
LBT: those were rules for robotics, not AI

what do you think controls the robot?
The three laws are better and shorter

0. A robot may not harm humanity, or, by inaction, allow humanity to come to harm.

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law
Lol @ alby. Yeah, that's a pretty big flaw.
LBT: In this case, it's just a AI, so there is no need for the rules pertaining to robotics, just AIs. AIs are limited without a body, so some rules don't apply. Alby, S G H: Just don't tell it your password. The AI I'm building now has no password for it. programmer007: That's 4 laws, and they allow for a robot takeover to stop pollution. What if a robot could read minds? (Happened in IRobot) The robot caused trouble by lying as to not hurt egos. Back to Mats: It is just as complex to make a talking robot, if not more, than one that follows orders. One learns and adapts (the talker), yet the other just says pre-programmed statements and just takes in and manages statements (the doer).
@toad1395

Although robot will takeover to stop pollution but theoretically by the definition of zeroth law and by the definition of humanity it cant restrict our free will so you wont possibly face anything like iROBOT... :D

PS: There are 3 laws of thermodynamics. But you know that actually there are 4(because of zeroth law)... Same principle :D
Humanity is the human race. Taking our free will is allowed and will lead to the least harm.
If free will is taken then there will be no point of life... there would be no harm as there would be nothing to be harmed... Thus robots/AIs will may simply take over and that's why the zeroth law is important
Last edited on
Taking free will still isn't harming. It just makes robots' jobs easier. There is no current point to life anyways.
Well taking free will will make us just like robots without superpower. And how will that help?

Taking free will still isn't harming. It just makes robots' jobs easier.

A robots' job it to make our job easier and not the other way round.

There is no current point to life anyways.

???
programmer007 wrote:

If free will is taken then there will be no point of life

There is no point now.

A robot's job by your rules is primarily to protect us. By mine it's the same, yet there are restrictions. We would be like slaves without free will, not robots, yet my facts prevent that because we will always be viewed as superior. If a robot can do something easily and correctly or a hard way with the same outcome, it should be logical and pick the easy way.
I expect a new Nobel Peace Prize winner in the next two weeks.
ResidentBiscuit: Me or programmer007? And would you like to judge?
@toad1395 buth the whole point is to serve us... And our life is very very important...

@ResidentBiscuit: All the best :D

@toad1395: all the best :D

may the peaceful win
Last edited on
Pages: 12