What are you doing?!

Pages: 12
closed account (yR9wb7Xj)
SUMMER BABY!
Last edited on
Working. 😥
I'm also off for the summer. Switching back to learning C++ from C.
NoXzema why the tear? You should be happy, you're making money lol.

Bogeyman, that's cool dude! I myself am learning c++ as a beginner. Taking advantage of this, even though I have summer school to advance lol. But it's just two classes.
Making money often boils down to a long and boring grind more than anything else. He didn't say that he was making money doing something he likes.

-Albatross
Yeah I am doing the same as NoXzema.

It'll be summer here on June 21st unless you are referring to summer vacation which doesn't relate to me since I am and have been working full time for some time and can request vacation when ever I want (if I have hours accrued of course).

It is nice making money, though as Rabbitologist mentioned quiet a grind plus you lose most of the money to bills anyways.
Last edited on
I was kinda thinking, that most people here over the age of 18 will be working. Most of us are probably not in a profession we like and will still work the whole summer at it. I just got a new Job I will be starting Monday. So I'm not actually sure if I will like it or not. It's an improvement over my last job. Nonetheless, I will be working all summer(and fall, winter, spring, and next summer....) In my spare time I will be coding an RPG I've been working on for a while now.
I was kinda thinking, that most people here over the age of 18 will be working.
There could be several people in college full time that have never had a job in their life before, it is not as uncommon as you may think.
I had a job last semester, but it didn't work out with school. So I quit my job, and became a full time student. My job didn't care I was in college trying to get an education degree, they wanted to be first. So I had to quit, it suck because I love working there, I made alot of friends. I respect everyone that works in general or have a job and go to school because it is not easy.

Could you guys check out my post "What we would like to know?" on the beginner section that would be awesome, and help alot with people who just started in this community, thanks! :)
I'll be rugging up and staying indoors until winter is over.
Lachlan: Southern Hemisphere?
Dude I would take that any day over the heat! WINTER is the BEST!
gblit: Ok, fine then everyone on here that is NOT in college/university and over 18 will most likely be working all summer.
Last edited on
closed account (3hM2Nwbp)
Codex23jv wrote:
WINTER is the BEST!

Looks like someone has yet to experience the pleasure of a $600+ heating bill. ;P
Yep, southern hemisphere. And I only have two exams!
Wow that's expensive, on second thought I rather stay in the south lol, although I like snow. I really hate the heat, but everything here is so much cheaper than the north.
@ Luke Leber: Erm, Dude I live in Buffalo, NY. Where the hell are you seeing $600 a month on your gas bill? You've got a leak my friend. Put a bat to your Landlords head at this point...
lmao @ Computergeek01's comment.
> $600 a month on your gas bill?
¿who said anything about gas? (no network here)

List of natural gas pipelines:
This is a list of pipelines used to transport natural gas.
damn ambiguity.
closed account (3hM2Nwbp)
600 a month on your gas bill

Heating anything more than a single bedroom apartment with natural gas when its -5 outside all month can easily reach $400. Electric heat is even worse. An acquaintance that I met while restauranteuring said that his highest month ever, last winter, was $800 to heat his 3 story home.

Im no dummy, I heat with wood. $250 / year + my time and labor cutting and splitting it. :)

*Personally when I did rent an apartment in the sad dark past, I routinely saw $280/ month in the winter for my 3 bedroom apt and $60/month in the summer.
Last edited on
Pages: 12