What are you doing?!

Pages: 12
Computergeek01 wrote:
@ Luke Leber: Erm, Dude I live in Buffalo, NY. Where the hell are you seeing $600 a month on your gas bill? You've got a leak my friend. Put a bat to your Landlords head at this point...
Oh, really?

So do I, well, until recently. I definitely can relate.

**On a side note... do you know of any game jams/meetups in that area? I cannot seem to find any!***

You guys have not seen anything yet... ever since I have moved upstate I definitely miss being able to even have the option to have natural gas... here you have two options (AFAIK, anyway)... lug oil to your house and pour it into a furnace, or cut/buy firewood and use that to heat your homes... both very unpleasant! (I do not live anywhere near a big city up here)
Last edited on
Luckily for me, I have no need to heat my home considering I live in Phoenix, AZ.
closed account (yR9wb7Xj)
gibilit true we do not need to worry about that because I also live in the south but the heat is not fun at all especially in the summer, it's way too hot!
Although the temperatures do not compare to Phoenix's, it gets really hot up here! A typical summer day is roughly 85-ish, which isn't too bad, but the worst part of it all is the ridiculous humidity!
closed account (yR9wb7Xj)
That is not bad at all on summer days it's like 95 degrees where I am from lol, it so hot it sucks!
It's so hot that water almost boils
Yes, but generally during my visits to the South it has been typically just [relatively] dry heat, which is arguably much better than this humid nonsense. Try doing anything active in this weather and you will quickly learn to regret it.
ne555 wrote:
It's so hot that water almost boils

India?
I believe that he was poking fun at our usage of Fahrenheit measurements rather than Celsius.
OK, -5 on a three story house kind of goes toward explaining the discrepancy. We get a lot of snow up here, but even with the wind chill it rarely gets that cold up here anymore. I would still check for carbon scoring around my furnace if I were you. It's probably redundant to say that though, you're far better off with the wood gasification furnace anyway. My grandfather has one of those and as long as you keep it lit, i.e. not go on vacation and forget to tell the house sitter what to do, then they work great.
I'll be doing lots of camping and fishing here in the pacific northwest.
I just want to say... Buffalo!!! *air five*

This last winter was rough, especially the November storm. I live on the UB north campus, we only got about 2 inches of snow, but my house in Lancaster got over 7 feet!
closed account (NUj6URfi)
Coding :p
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12