Woot! 3000th post!

Pages: 123
Used to play Runescape. Although I quit because there was no point really after they removed PK (basically) and never update free players ever.

As for music, a couple instrumental songs from ロザリオとバンパイア and assorted FF music.
I quit for the same reason; I used to only play for that. I would spend all week gathering money (by getting giant bones or something) and then every Friday I'd spend the day (after getting home from school), along with all the money, fighting people. T'was fun.

I wasn't that good. I made real good accounts but then got bored and moved on to new ones, or raised my defence when I had meant to make a "pure." I was always terrible at making money...

They basically ruined that game. I'd still be playing if they hadn't removed PK probably. People have left in droves and they still aren't going to bring it back. They're stupid; they're actually putting principle before money... what a stupid company.
Hmm, miss a couple of days...

I just got back from training. I work for the US Census now. "Stand up and be counted". So few people respond and they have no clue that they're cutting their noses off for it... Census data is vital to the proper functioning of the USA.

Anyway, /me puts soapbox away.
:-J
Have you done jury duty?

If so, what is it like?
closed account (S6k9GNh0)
Lately, my friends have been getting me into WoW. It's actually fairly fun until you run out of stuff to do other than PvP. But that's with every game really.
No jury duty, but I've heard it is generally pretty boring and tedious.

We just got 20 inches of snow here in Vineland NJ. :-)
Wow. We only have about 3 :(

I guess jury duty would be kinda boring; but it would be cool if you got a murder case or a bank robbery or something interesting.
I guess jury duty would be kinda boring; but it would be cool if you got a murder case or a bank robbery or something interesting.

Not really. I just had jury duty again about a month ago and was selected to be on a new grand jury for the next 6 months every wed. & thursday from 9am-1pm or longer. All murder cases, 1 or 2 a day. Fortunately my conversation with the Judge dismissed me...
Say, I've always wondered: couldn't you just pretend you never got it?
Surely the government would keep track on people who were sent them, and resend the summons if you didn't show up?
Maybe, but ultimately, I doubt they'd come and drag you to court. At most, you'd probably get a fine, which is where my question was going. What happens if you never show up?
Jury Duty is not optional. I think the letter even explicitly states that a warrant for your arrest will be issued if you do not show up.

It is also quite interesting; I'd take it over work any day of the week!
Last edited on
closed account (z05DSL3A)
I managed to get out of Jury Duty in the UK but I know others that have had to do it. One of them spent the best part of 2 weeks sitting in a room waiting to be called upon, then on his final day got called to serve on a case that lasted a further three weeks.
Say, I've always wondered: couldn't you just pretend you never got it?

I have a cousin that has accomplished this twice. Nothing has happened thus far, no phone calls, no follow ups, nothing. If you think about it, it makes sense that they wouldn't come after you. It would cost the government time and money to drag you to court and force you to serve. The penalty is supposed to be $150 fine for not attending and potential jail time as you are held in contempt of court. But lets face it, there is absolutely no way to confirm if someone received the jury summons...

One of them spent the best part of 2 weeks sitting in a room waiting to be called upon, then on his final day got called to serve on a case that lasted a further three weeks.

The law in the US is if you are not called on the first day, you are released and cannot be summoned for 1 year.

I remember after I was "disqualified" as a fair juror, around 11:30am, the government official made me an offer.... stay and finish out the day waiting to be called and the government will issue a check in the stagering lump sum of $23.00 for the next 6.5 hours, or forgo the riches and leave... I got the hell out of there....
I remember after I was "disqualified" as a fair juror, around 11:30am, the government official made me an offer.... stay and finish out the day waiting to be called and the government will issue a check in the stagering lump sum of $23.00 for the next 6.5 hours, or forgo the riches and leave... I got the hell out of there...

Why were you disqualified?

And they were only going to give you $23? That's pathetic!
Why were you disqualified?

All the cases that would be tried by the grand jury were murder. I simply told the judge I could not be a fair and impartial juror due to:

1. Both of my child hood friends were murdered within a week of each other by the same person.
2. Within the same month that person burglarized my home stealing every precious Nintendo game I had, the tvs, consoles, etc... that alone was enough to tramatize me... bastards! To add to the insult the only game they left was a game called "I can remember" from milton bradley, which was a cheesy card matching game for 3-4 year olds... I still have it to this day.
3. That same year my mother took a wrong turn with myself and my younger brother in the car... we ended up in the projects and this mob mugged my mother through the window and attempted to drag us out of the car and kill us... which the police explained would have been the result if I had not locked the doors in time. Apparently this was not the first such incident.
4. I was the victim of a home invasion when I was about 16 and decided to play hookie from school... that's a fun story lol... let's just say I was half naked wielding a katana and 2 foot bowie knife :)

In all of these situations the justice system failed to exact any justice whatsoever. So when I hear murder, rape, burglary, etc... I yell execution. After explaining these things to the judge she apologized that the justice system had failed me and dismissed me.
Are those true? If so... you'll have lots of stories to tell your grandchildren...
Yep. All true.
That makes me wonder what sort of excuses they would accept. Could you say "I'm going to be partial just because", or "I'll decide based on a coin toss"?
You could just tell them you were raped or something; they couldn't disprove it, and you could say you were too scared and embarassed to admit it...
Pages: 123