The spambots are getting pretty good at it...

It's been a really long time since I created my account, but as I have been visiting at night, I find myself flagging a lot of spam that comes really quick. I'm sure this is not a unique experience for some of the people moderating spam here.
This has indeed been the case. Seeing as Google is already pretty heavily integrated into the site, I am hopeful that eventually we'll get a proper captcha for account creation at minimum.

-Albatross
I'm not visiting as much as I used to, but actually I think it has slowed down a fair bit. A few months ago it was crazy. I was reporting several posts per day, and I know sometimes there was at least one more person doing the reporting at the same time I was doing it.
I get the feeling the spammers finally got tired of wasting resources.
I get the feeling the spammers finally got tired of wasting resources.

LOL. I wish. They probably are just getting paid pennies to spam another site ATM.
I know sometimes there was at least one more person doing the reporting at the same time I was doing it.

Yep I've had that happen a lot. Seems like less spam then before, but I haven't been here as much as before though too.
closed account (E0p9LyTq)
The spam seems to come in waves for a time it is quiet here and then BAM!
closed account (1vRz3TCk)
Yesterday, I dealt with a whole page of spam before getting to this...oh the irony.
The site needs a new captcha, the current one is just 5 digits, that can be easily passed by brute force.
It might actually not be a bot. Somewhere I read that the spammer hire cheap labor in countries like Bangladesh and the poor people have to serve the web the whole day and fill out forms.
Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. With some simple software help, one person can defeat a lot of captchas.
wait what, there's actually someone hiring people to spam...
closed account (1vf9z8AR)
Isnt captcha supposed to block the site when person enters too much wrong ?
Captcha is supposed to separate computers from humans by requiring potential forum members to do something that is too hard for computers to do successfully, like OCR scrambled and twisted text in a small amount of time.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.