General programmer age?

Pages: 12
It seems insane, now, doesn't it? And yet some of my fondest gaming memories are from that machine.

Every now and again, I'm tempted to go looking for an emulator and play some of those old games. Then I realise that they'd probably look, and feel, awful, and all I would do is ruin those memories.
Yes, yes.
Are you less than 20?

No.

Did you start to code before you were 20?

No.

Are you less than 20?

No.

Did you start to code before you were 20?

No.

Im 39
Are you less than 20?
NO.

If not, did you start to code before you were 20?
Yes. Was inactive for a looooooooooong time though
Me: No, Yes

My daughter: Yes, Yes

Shout out to Google Code Google Blocky, anyone with kids should give it a shot.
Last edited on
Yes, Yes.

Looking at the first few replies, thought I would be the only one less than 20.
closed account (E0p9LyTq)
Are you less than 20?

Edging closer to 3 times that.

Personal computers was but a dream of hobbyists and a few corporations, the idea someone would have a computer sitting at home was ridiculous. Time-share terminals were all the rage in high school and college. Or card punch "batch jobs" run after-hours.

Computer labs, the holy shrine of computing in the 1970's and before.

If not, did you start to code before you were 20?

When PCs in the 1980's becoming more affordable is when I started self-learning how to program the things. BASIC on my Commodore 128 and Radio Shack TRS-80.

Even now still informal non-classroom learning C++.
It would be nice if the original poster would share his findings or comment on the results of this survey, or even become part of the statistics.

My first love was a Commodore 64 :)
You're not even 20 years old?

Yes. I'm just 17 years old, to be exact.

Did you start coding before you were 20 years old?

Yes.

I have a logical and artistic talent, and I love the combination of technology and art, and Steve Jobs is my idol.
The important role of C + + in UE4 was discovered not long ago.I'm not crazy love programming.I prefer programs and games developed independently or jointly.Of course I know it's a long way from this goal, but I'm going to stick to it.
Last edited on
I started programming in high school, when I was about 14 or 15, and kind of jumped all over the place. I landed in the realm of system administration (which isn't really programming) and security (yuck).

I'm older than 20, but not by much.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12