This site is slow

Pages: 12
The server setup handling cplusplus clearly is not designed to handle the traffic during peak traffic times.
I never disagreed with that. I think it's fairly obvious that performance is proportional to maximum load and inversely proportional to actual load.
Even a blog no one reads will run badly on a potato, and even Google's hardware has limits.

I merely disagreed with the statement "C++ programming is not exactly mainstream". Among programming-related subjects, C++ is not really niche. This isn't D or Ada we're talking about.
closed account (E0p9LyTq)
Among programming-related subjects, C++ is not really niche.

Yet among all the other subjects that the internet addresses, programming is not at what most users look for. Programmers are not the majority of people who use the internet.

C++ programming, or programming in general, is not mainstream for a majority of users.

Programming for the entire monkey mass of humanity is a niche activity.
Its fast enough so that I generally can't tell if its the site being slow or the cellular or congested wifi network connection I usually use to get online that's the source.

Once it starts to load, the whole thing loads right away. I've got it whitelisted too, so it even loads ads and such. There are no delays like what I remember from slow websites.

Whats it slow compared to? When? Can we get a definition of slow from the OP?

eta: ok now its slow. :-) that's ok tho. its a fun site and I'm glad its here.
Last edited on
Every time i have a long response, I have to remember to Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C to paste it into my Clipboard. Clicking Submit, as you know, removes everything you were about to post, does its CGI thing, and potentially loses everything on a timeout.

Kinda affects the user experience.
Write in your text editor and copy and paste it over, you'll save yourself the headache.
I just Ctrl-A Ctrl-C by second nature by now, lol
Same with me for small stuff but long answers I usually write in an editor (Usually have to write and compile code as well so it goes hand in hand). Judging by their join date and post count with how many responses they give they may actually benefit from using an editor instead of dealing with the site all the time with timeouts. Just my 2 cents.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12