Improper report?

Did someone report the thread about that dialogs library? If so, I don't think that was appropriate. I was about to make a comment about how it would be better if the parameters were const char * instead of char *, and found the thread was already 404'd.
closed account (z05DSL3A)
I saw the post but only skimmed it but thought it would be reported, not that it was wrong but because it looked like an advert on skimming.

It's a shame that the reporting system is misused, I've seen other perfectly valid posts get removed.
I followed two of the links, they were websites for paid products , and when I refreshed the page to check the other link (I believe there were only three) the post was gone.

Based on the text, "hey look, I made a dialog" and the two links I saw I'd say there might be some justification for the reporting as spam.
I don't think just something being sold qualifies a post as spam. There was a thread a couple weeks about a VS 2019 being released, and that has a paid version.
closed account (z05DSL3A)
helios wrote:
I don't think just something being sold qualifies a post as spam.
I asked the admin some time ago about reporting advertising and was told to report them and he would make a decision on it. At the moment I tend to only report then obvious spam and advertising that has nothing to do with the site. Anything I'm unsure of I leave 'cos I don't think the reports are being reviewed.
I don't think just something being sold qualifies a post as spam.

Clearly someone disagrees with you.

ETA: The above presumes the deletion was done by a report. If the OP deleted their post then any speculation as to the spammity of the original post is moot.
Last edited on
Someone just posted a question about their code, it was skipping over cin >> because they were setting off the flag by making an int hold a char value. Was about to reply, and then it got 404'd. What's happening? Is there an automated system for this?

EDIT: I suppose it's also possible they figured it out themselves and removed the post.
Last edited on
Can new users even delete their own posts?

Edit: I believe they can as long as no one has replied yet.
Last edited on
zapshe wrote:
Someone just posted a question about their code, it was skipping over cin >> because they were setting off the flag by making an int hold a char value. Was about to reply, and then it got 404'd. What's happening? Is there an automated system for this?

There is an automated system, in that if someone with a very high post count (I don't know the threshold) reports a post from someone with a very low post count (<= 5, I believe), and nobody has replied to that post, then the post is deleted.

So if someone with a low post count were to start a thread, and I reported it, and there were no other posts in the thread, then it would be instantly deleted.
if someone with a very high post count (I don't know the threshold)

When this nick was around 100 posts I reported obvious spam threads and the buggers were deleted.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.