Is plan this feasible?

It depends on whether you can get a payment service provider to handle your payments for free. And... you really do want to go with a known and trusted provider instead of trying to write your own payment system. Not only are people more likely to trust it, but handling financial information is one of those things you *really* don't want to get wrong (and can pretty easily).

EDIT: I assumed above that you already have your web hosting taking care of. If not then... well, that's something you'd have to pay for as well, aside from possibly the payment service.

That said, I'm not a web dev, so I can't really help beyond that.

-Albatross
Last edited on
Why would you help a d-head that constantly deletes his accounts?
I wasn't going to make a big deal out of it, but it definitely is a bit strange to:
* Ask web dev questions on a C++ forum, then
* Immediately close one's account before receiving any responses, and finally
* Create a new account just to reply to a response, then immediately close that one too.

-Albatross
@deleted_retard, I assumed you were retarded from the beginning, moron.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. I'm pretty sure calling "Al." a retard is uncalled for. Yes, their behavior is abnormal. No, it's not harmful. If anything, it means that he/she can't edit his/her posts afterward to fill them with garbage.

If there's some history with this person that I don't know of, I'd like to know about it, but maintain that it really doesn't justify the slurring.

-Albatross
Last edited on
I disagree. @deleted_retard brought it up. He called himself a retard first. I was just agreeing wholeheartedly. It really explains a lot, IMO.

Now cry and report (whoever).
Last edited on
If you say you "don't want to have anything to do with this forum", that implies you think there's something wrong with it or with the people who post here. If that's the case, why are you asking questions here? Why don't you look for a forum that you do want something to do with to ask these questions?
Imagine you say to someone "I don't want anything to do with you" and then immediately add "by the way, can I have some money for bus fare?" Would that person not be entirely right to tell you to fuck off? Why did you think this behavior would be acceptable?
That was my poor choice of wording, I meant it not as an insult.

However you meant it, it doesn't make sense. You don't want to be on this forum for long, so you waste a lot of time making a new profile every time you want to respond?

Why would you stay on this forum for almost 12 years?

Why haven't we all committed suicide yet?

Al, for the very last time.

Goodbye, I think the name dutch made for you will stick.

Anyway, there are plenty of companies where you simply pay for the domain and you get a neat website that you can customize, even with the ability to purchase stuff.
Never mind, Al's behavior no longer seems harmless to me. I swear, that bit in the now-deleted post about helios being on this forum for long enough to have learned another language felt a lot like a neg. Either Al has significant problems with social interaction, or they know exactly what they're doing.

-Albatross
It doesn't really bother me, but I do find it a strange line of reasoning.

First of all, maybe I did learn a third language during these eleven years. Surely, one can do both.

Second, let's assume for the sake of argument that f(x) is the objective "worthiness" of activity x, and that f("learning a language") > f("being active on an Internet forum"). Is it implied that f("learning a language") >= x, for all values of x? Is it also implied that not maximizing f() at all times is bad?
"Why are you wasting time wiping your ass? There's still diseases to be cured and viable interstellar travel to be figured out!"
Im on my third language this year alone. 4 if you count the neverending learning of c++. The other 3 all have slowness and limitations that are just insane. They feel like toys, but we gotta use what we are told.

a hand rolled payment solution... just pay the hackers directly and save time.

I want to spend no more than 15 minutes here.

You've already wasted far more time than just 15 minutes. Good riddance.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.