• Forum
  • Lounge
  • I've lost my project files how i can ext

I've lost my project files how i can extract code from exe

I was developing a Multiplayer 3d game but recently something hapeened while i was closing my pc it was autosaving and i lost all data but it stll have an exe file how i can extract the code from it.
I dont want C code or anyting i just want c++ code.

Theres any free decompiler OR IT CAN BE CRACKED for extract c++ code without destroying variable names etc.

Also my game using library called freeglut

Also the exported code must needed be compiled

Last edited on
Use source control next time.

It is impossible to retrieve your program's sources from compiled code, because the compilation passes discard information about the original code

Some de-compilers emit decent C, however, symbol names will be lost and the overall structure of the code will be damaged more or less depending on the details of compilation.
Last edited on
closed account (E8A4Nwbp)
To accentuate what mbozzi has said, I would highly reccomend bitbucket and sourcetree (https://www.sourcetreeapp.com/) It is a free, completely visual very pragmatic.
I would be use source control next time i will always needed to store my versions but its very cumbersome and eats very space on computer soo.

I think i will store all versions on a rar file
Multiple rar files are going to use up more space than the equivalent version control system.

All decent version control systems store versions as a series of deltas - that is, only the change is stored.

If you have a 1000 line file, and change 1 line, then the amount of extra space in your VCS is one line. Your rar files are going to quickly take up far more space.

Plus you also get the advantage of say doing the following:
- diffs between versions (like the version that last worked and the version you broke)
- branches, so you can develop new ideas without completely breaking your working code.
thanks salem c.
I was developing a Multiplayer 3d game but recently something hapeened
I would be use source control next time
@ASingleGameEngineDevelop
that's funny, because I remember you were sharing your project source code uploaded to github here in these forums some weeks ago.

even if you deleted your github commits, you are still able to retrieve your code, but the real problem is that your description of the actual problem described as "something happened" is funny too.

I think you are just looking for info on how to crack executables or something similar.

EDIT:
oh wait, it's here:
https://github.com/iedxgamengine/IEDX/
http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/263428/

OH, and I'm pretty sure, if this is not the code you are referring to, then you have lost less than 3K lines of code ;)
Last edited on
also make use of what you have.
a batch file can zip up your code and copy it to a remote drive every (day, hour, whatever) using the windows' task scheduler. Unix can do the same things. There are ways to send to git using the commandline as well, for sure in unix, I dunno on windows, haven't tried to set it up, surely it can? Regardless, if you automate the process, the problem goes away forever -- if you have a failure, your stuff is just there, or at most, a day's worth of work is lost and you will probably find that writing something the second time in a row is 10 or so times faster than the first time you did it. (I prefer a full zip file that when unzipped, the project just works and is ready to go. I don't want to have to work at getting it going again).
Last edited on
Visual Studio can integrate git source control with projects and solutions, the package is not installed as part of a default install.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.